Senton Opinions on GoolRC BL3650 4300KV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbusta50

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 6s
So gone and bought this awaiting for it arrive. Anyone ever use this brand/motor/esc. GoolRC brushless BL3650 4300KV with 60A esc. Any good? Do I need the program card? Is it just fine with stock program. Any advice will help

Get the card. Don't short change yourself. It is inexpensive, convenient and an important tool. The stock default setup is rarely correct for every rig. It must be adjusted for tuning purposes.
If running that 4300kv in a 4wd, the 60A ESC and motor may run hotter than the stock setup?? You didn't specify what rig this is going into.
Use a temp gun. And gear it accordingly if possible.
All this depends if running 2S vs 3S.
Good luck.
:cool:

Get the card. Don't short change yourself. It is inexpensive, convenient and an important tool. The stock default setup is rarely correct for every rig. It must be adjusted for tuning purposes.
If running that 4300kv in a 4wd, the 60A ESC and motor may run hotter than the stock setup?? You didn't specify what rig this is going into.
Good luck.
senton 4x4 mega 2s lipo 5200mah

2s should be fine. Just watch your temps initially, then gear down if a bit hot. If it runs cooler than expected, you may even gear up a tooth (larger pinion)or so to get better top end. Its trial and error. 31,820 Rpms is what that 4300 kv motor will put out running 2s. 47,730 Rpms with a 3s. Actual use will vary
(KV x volts = motor RPM)

Last edited:
2s should be fine. Just watch your temps initially, then gear down if a bit hot. If it runs cooler than expected, you may even gear up a tooth (larger pinion)or so to get better top end. Its trial and error. 31,820 Rpms is what that 4300 kv motor will put out running 2s. 47,730 Rpms with a 3s. Actual use will vary
(KV x volts = motor RPM)
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help
So the rpms is 31,820 no load and my stock setup is 17t/91 which means 5.35 to 1. 5947 rpm if my math is right. Now if I go down to say 14t the rpm will be 4895 rpm. Is that less stress on the motor or more.
Thanks for the help
So the rpms is 31,820 no load and my stock setup is 17t/91 which means 5.35 to 1. 5947 rpm if my math is right. Now if I go down to say 14t

Last edited:
Measuring the stock brushed motor setup by kv can't be done. There is a chart somewhere that equates the turn of the winds(brushed) to KV(brushless) but it is not accurate enough because there are too many variables. So gearing will be trial and error. Your stock brushed motor is 12 turn. Wire Turns is a physical property of the motor that describes its power. And KV is a measurement of power in a brushless motor. Hard to compare brushed to brushless. :cool:
In general the lower wind brushed motors rev higher. Higher KV Blx motors rev higher. An Inverse relationship when measuring brushed vs brushless.
Motor wind Turns doesn't translate to motor KV's consistently from motor to motor.

Last edited:
Measuring the stock brushed motor setup by kv can't be done. There is a chart somewhere that equates the turn of the winds(brushed) to KV(brushless) but it is not accurate enough because there are too many variables. So gearing will be trial and error. Your stock brushed motor is 12 turn. Wire Turns is a physical property of the motor that describes its power. And KV is a measurement of power in a brushless motor. Hard to compare brushed to brushless. :cool:
In general the lower wind brushed motors rev higher. Higher KV Blx motors rev higher. An Inverse relationship when measuring brushed vs brushless.
Motor wind Turns doesn't translate to motor KV's consistently from motor to motor.
I wasn’t comparing the brushed to brushless. I was doing all the math for the brushless with the current gear ratio vs a higher gear ratio. Sorry for the confusion. I just want to know which way to go to put less stress on the brushless once installed

I understand.
Going from brushed to brushless is hard to figure on gearing until you actually run it and check max. temps.
Going up or down in gearing will be apparent once you do. I thought I would add some insight between the differences of brushed vs Blx and how they are rated power wise and that its hard to compare power output between the 2 types. If you already had a Blx motor, gearing is easier to calculate based on KV going up or down with the change over.
Good luck. :cool:

I just installed the same motor in my Senton running 3s. It runs a bit hot like that so I just switched to a 15 tooth pinion.
haven't had a chance to try it with the 15 tooth but with the 17 tooth it made a huge difference in speed!

4300kv may work best on 2S if geared correctly. Less overheating.

(KV x volts = motor RPM)
Do you know how much turns is a Goolrc 3650 4300kv motor?
Good luck.
Does you know how many turns does

I believe its 10.5 Turn.
A brushed motor power/torque/RPM output is measured by the amount of wire winds the Brushed armature has.
Just that when describing BLX motors, Wind Turns don't truly equate with KV (constant velocity per volt). BLX motor armatures have no winds. Magents are mounted to it. The Stator has the wire winds. ( fixed to the motor Can itself)
# of Turns with a BLX motor is a loose term for comparing a 3650 Brushed can to a 3650 Brushless can motor. (36mm x 50mm size motor can)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back