Out of range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTF MIKE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
for some reason I can’t go far with my outcast at about 100ft roughly any thoughts? It’s completely stock and I’ve replaced the batteries in the remote

I don't think there is any range check function with the radio system in Arrma RTRs. You can try adjusting the antenna on the rx and check if its loose but honestly short of replacing the tx and rx individually to diagnose you'll probably have to pursue support with arrma. I suppose the esc could be at fault as well, ie brown outs, but If its consistently happening at a certain range, its probably radio issues.

Is it possible to pair my radio from my stampede to see if it is my radio?

Is it possible to pair my radio from my stampede to see if it is my radio?
You would need to take the receiver out of your Stampede and install it in your Outcast, but if you do that, yes it will work. The Traxxas transmitter will not work with the Tactic receiver that comes in your Outcast.

Thanks guys. I kind of figured that but was hoping there would be an easier way lol

I've had receivers die on me like that. Although, it was spektrum receivers. Granted, the spektrum single wire antenna receivers had horrible range to begin with, roughly 100 feet when new for me. Then I found some knock off Chinese ones for $8 that were a coaxial antenna that gave me 600+ feet of range. After 5 or 6 months, the range would drop to 100 feet. I stopped buying them and found an OEM spektrum receiver for $30 that had a coaxial antenna, so now I'm sticking with those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back