Outcast Outcast 4s owners. Better than the Kraton 4s and 6s metal chassis Arrmas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it difficult to put the power down im planning getting one
Power is put down nicely through the Backflip LP tires, but you need good throttle skills to drive this crazy beast. I'm very experienced so it's boat loads of fun. Back flips and crazy jumps all day. It never side rolls, just spins out.

Power is put down nicely through the Backflip LP tires, but you need good throttle skills to drive this crazy beast. I'm very experienced so it's boat loads of fun. Back flips and crazy jumps all day. It never side rolls, just spins out.
I have put a 15t in a lot more controlable now

The fun of the Outcast is driving on the edge and flipping it. I have a 15t but haven't even tried it, I think the stock gearing is perfect and I don't want it to get hot. It's plenty fast.

The fun of the Outcast is driving on the edge and flipping it. I have a 15t but haven't even tried it, I think the stock gearing is perfect and I don't want it to get hot. It's plenty fast.
Was not fast enough on 3s for me and on 4s was not able to control the wheelies my k4s and outcast 4s are now both at 15t complete monsters now and the car takes 15t quite good electronics not overheating same for the esc but i might need a better fan for the esc because for some reason my last pack lvc kinda failed since i have factory reset the esc lvc has been working again was 42 degres celcius with humidity that day on my last pack and it was not a good idea to do donuts

Like I said, gotta know your throttle control. I drive mine 13t punch 5 on 4s. Dump the stock radio if you're using that.

Like I said, gotta know your throttle control. I drive mine 13t punch 5 on 4s. Dump the stock radio if you're using that.
I removed the stx2 before even running the truck for the first time the best i could handle was punch 2 more than that it was just impossible for me to do anything than wheelies or screwing up the landings because it spins way too fast for my eye

I use 15t and punch 3. They are correct, throttle skills are very important. You will go through a lot of diffs, and driveshafts if you are too trigger happy....ask me how I know. It's a hoot to ramp, and it boogies with that 15t. No need to go any faster with that truck, and no heat issues with it either. I did end up putting the cvd driveshafts from arrma on the back, and the HR metal diff in the rear also.....it wasnt cheap, but its rock sold now with no issues.

I removed the stx2 before even running the truck for the first time the best i could handle was punch 2 more than that it was just impossible for me to do anything than wheelies or screwing up the landings because it spins way too fast for my eye
My clutches are always on the loose side they wont let me gun the trigger from a dead stop only when im going at decent speed im able to wheelie on command same for both cars but more on the kraton. Thats the beauty of 15t loose yes but still allows you to do everything exept gunning the throttle its like a fail safe my diffs does have a little gearmesh my outcast 4s doesn't have the scar on the ring gear like my kraton 4s had like a cut so thats a good sign and the teeths are not spike looking. Tightened slightly the kraton 4s clutch today idk if i even menaged to turn the clutch lol red threadlock ?.

I never poped a driveshaf the originals on my kraton have a ton of play front and rear remplaced the rears and they still have almost no play like brand new vs the front who are 5 times worst thats a sign of a tight clutch? back in the day if the driveshafts berely has play in the U join its also a good sign

Last edited:
I had clutch issue with both the OC and Kraton. Kept getting too loose, real loose. Ended up getting a new one, and getting it set to my liking then lock locktited them, no issues since. I was plagued with rear driveshaft breaks, till I learned how to control my trigger finger. Still put the arrma cvd's on the OC and love them. They are more than the stock, but i won't have to replace these.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back