Outcast Outcast 4S V2 for flip jumps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can add a center now with the new mojave 4s. The battery tray has a small spacer to fix the chassis breaking the mc2 chassis brace. Maybe the 6s line is that good but from my eyes it's a win win either way
Even with the M2C brace the chassis can still crack and cold temps really make it worse.

On the other hand bulkheads break and chassis bend on the 6s line
The 6s line platform is mature and more mainstream when it comes to Upgrades. At least you can run upgrade alloy chassis' and alloy bulkheads with the Arrma 6s line. Bending a stocker 6s chassis is much harder to do IMHO. (the V5 chassis variant) Just make sure the very first 6s upgrades "out the box" are Fr and Rr alloy braces, before you send it Big. For added moral support, sleeve the T2T with CF tubing, so it won't bow/bend. Been there. CF done this way does work well.
No one ever made a full upgrade Alloy chassis for any of the 4x4 lineup. The first upgrade brand to do that willl make a killing. (y)
And with that, will come much added weight.
But just imagine making a perfect 3D CNC'ed 4x4 Alloy chassis, matching the stocker. Probably very cost prohibitive. Will probably triple the chassis weight. I could see best running 4s at a minimum, or even 6s power this way.

Last edited:
The 6s line platform is mature and more mainstream when it comes to Upgrades. At least you can run upgrade alloy chassis' and alloy bulkheads with the Arrma 6s line. Bending a stocker 6s chassis is much harder to do IMHO. (the V5 chassis variant) Just make sure the very first 6s upgrades "out the box" are Fr and Rr alloy braces, before you send it Big.
No one ever made a full upgrade Alloy chassis for any of the 4x4 lineup. The first upgrade brand to do that willl make a killing. (y)
But just imagine making a perfect 3D CNC'ed 4x4 Alloy chassis, matching the stocker. Probably very cost prohibitive.
True, I have nothing against upgraded chassis In my eyes the upgrade to let you jump big are more expensive. Then again you can jump higher.

Man does that 6s tlr typhon look great only thing stopping me is upgrading my whole charging setup

You can always run both model Typhon's on single 4s packs or (2) x 2s packs., Which is the best way IMHO. And you probably have 2s and 4s packs anyway right now? Which will work. I wouldn't bash a TLRT very hard or send it big. It's a bit more delicate due to the Adjustable Hinge Pin mounts and the shorter Hinge pins, compared to a Standard 6s Typhon. Been there with my TLRT. TLRT will of course run 6s packs. Just too overpowered for my liking. Probably best for speed running, not bashing. Just me. Many do run 6s packs. And a standard 6s Typhon is better suited for Big Air and bashing very hard.
"Upgrading my whole new charging setup" ???? What do you mean?:unsure:

Last edited:
You can always run both model Typhon's on single 4s packs or (2) x 2s packs., Which is the best way IMHO. And you probably have 2s and 4s packs anyway right now? Which will work. I wouldn't bash a TLRT very hard or send it big. It's a bit more delicate due to the Adjustable Hinge Pin mounts and the shorter Hinge pins, compared to a Standard 6s Typhon. Been there with my TLRT. TLRT will of course run 6s packs. Just too overpowered for my liking. Probably best for speed running, not bashing. Just me. Many do run 6s packs. And a standard 6s Typhon is better suited for Big Air and bashing very hard.
Getting a whole charger like a dual charger and a more powerful place to plug it into

The 6s line platform is mature and more mainstream when it comes to Upgrades. At least you can run upgrade alloy chassis' and alloy bulkheads with the Arrma 6s line. Bending a stocker 6s chassis is much harder to do IMHO. (the V5 chassis variant) Just make sure the very first 6s upgrades "out the box" are Fr and Rr alloy braces, before you send it Big. For added moral support, sleeve the T2T with CF tubing, so it won't bow/bend. Been there. CF done this way does work well.
But just imagine making a perfect 3D CNC'ed 4x4 Alloy chassis, matching the stocker. Probably very cost prohibitive. Will probably triple the chassis weight. I could see best running 4s at a minimum, or even 6s power this way.

This is why we will never see an upgrade chassis for the 3s line. My estimate puts them at a retail cost of about $200-250 for a quality part from M2C, JBI, Scorched ect. Idk about you but spending over half the price of a car for a chassis would just be stupid imho.

I'm basing this on the current market price for the 6s swb chassis and the cost of 6s bulkheads halfs from Hot Racing.
Iirc he currently has a Skyrc B6ac charger.

The ramp you listed is a "wedge" type ramp. It has no curve to it. Without a curved slope to the ramp your RC will jump by "impacting" the ramp and bouncing. This will make flight trajectory less predictable and overall be harder on the RC. @Johnny b knows a little about the results of hitting a flatter style ramp. I wouldn't recommend this style of ramp if you want your chassis to last long. A curved slope allows for more even transition between flat and the exit angle.

Side note: What's the deal with all these wedge style ramps now adays? Where are the kickers and curved ramps that used to be so prevalent? Now the only curved ramps you can find are $$$. You can't really find those in a cheap one-piece style plastic ramp anymore.

Find a dirt ramp. They’re free and easy on the car.

Find a dirt ramp. They’re free and easy on the car.
That's easier said than done for some of us :LOL:
1698176653157.png

My guess is that Arrma will release new versions on some of the 6S line up.
Kraton 6S V5 is like 3 years old if I am not mistaken.
The 6s line in general is very mature at this point. Not much to improve upon. Maybe change bodies or just color and graphics, more bling. Call it the "Limited Edition ****" and add a few more gimmecks like BS HB's :rolleyes:..... Most all EXB's were removed for some reason. Don't know why. Maybe a sign of things to come. or just trimming the bloated 6s Line up of slow sellers. Or ones with little bottom line.
>EXB parts should offered for the 4x4 line. Maybe a universal center differential, for all models, Alloy belcranks and shocks.

Not to hijack this thread with my 6s blabber... sorry @cazrack.
I digress.

Last edited:
I think arrma will update many cars to exb rtr's that cost a bit more, just like the kraton/outcast 8s and remove the older ones.
You open the door for more costly 4s cars this way.

Been looking around for a smaller backyard grass basher that can do jumps flips of smaller ramp angled up and think the Typhon 6s or Corally Spark or maybe even Asuga is the way to go but I could be wrong.

Sure the kraton/outcast 4s is cheaper but size wise they are close to the 6s line up and not the same quality in my opinion with too little price difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back