Outcast Outcast 4S V2 for flip jumps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TLDR:
Outcast 4sV2 - YES! You may want to make upgrades later. The RWD Gorgon & 4X4 Granite Grom (for shorter grass) are also excellent choices.
Ramp - TOO NARROW for the Outcast 4sV2, or Gorgon unless you get 2 of them side by side. The Granite Grom however is less than 8 inches wide.

In My Opinion, The Outcast 4sV2 is an Amazing stunt truck and will backflip off a small bump, tree branch, slanted gutter, down a few steps, ramps, Whatever you can imagine!

Approach at part throttle and pin it at the right point! Be prepared to hit the brake (not too hard) for a perfect landing! I got one second hand & enjoyed landing plenty of High Speed single Backflips less than 2 feet off the ground before rebuilding mine as a Kraton 4sV2 with a chassis brace. I eventually cracked the original Outcast 4sV2 chassis at the front diff & cover. But I ran it on 6s a few too many times. I had a bigger 4068 2650KV motor & 6s ESC in it, but it was way overpowered & went back to the stock 3668 2400kv 4s motor using 4s lipos. Some suggest replacing the suspension hinge pins as well with slightly longer ones. But I never had any issues with my inner suspension pins. Bought some of the slightly longer ones, but haven't installed them.

Check that all the nuts/Bolts & screws are snug, set steering endpoints & calibrate the ESC before the first run. Set the slipper clutch so that its not too tight. There are tutorials on YouTube. & this Prolongs the life of your CVD axes & center driveshaft. The 13t pinion is great for the stock weight and doing stunts.

I suggest you get a under chassis brace since you plan on jumping a lot. There are a few options out there. I chose the #RCmadLabz one, but #Oktay'sBumpers, #M2CRacing, #CustomRCupgrades & others make nice ones as well. Choose the one that works for your driving style & offers the protection you want. Some are heavier than others. But even if you decide not to get a chassis brace, swapping out the chassis isn't too hard to do if yours cracks or breaks.

The Outcast 4sV2 will wheelie on demand & you need the front wheels to be on the ground to steer. So hitting the ramp you have linked above will require throttle control & may be a skill you have to practice at often. The Outcast 4sV2 is W-I-D-E (17.72 inches - 450 mm)

As @razorrc said, That ramp is 16.14 inches wide, so 2 of them side-by-side, or a 2foot wide board on top will probably be required to jump with the Outcast. putting that ramp by itself under the middle of the board will make for some pretty interesting off-center jumps! Consider building kicker ramps, the curved ones, for higher jumps or finding one at least 2 feet wide. Even at 2 feet wide it will require some practice to hit it square on. so in this case, wider is better.

If after you get one you find the steering not so great even off throttle, it's probably the weak stock servo saver. Stay away from the red ARRMA one! Look for the #Kembrough servo saver tutorial. It will require some trimming, but has options for 23t & 25t Servos. There are other metal ones out there too. I went with the #Hot racing Direct Drive all metal one because I upgraded my servo with one I had laying around. It requires trimming too. Here's an amazon link to it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BPYSBFS4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another upgrade down the line are #45 steel pivot balls. Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/Vorteks-Senton-Granite-Vendetta-Mega550/dp/B09YTQW3J1
But I suggest either getting these with new endlinks because they will wear out a little too.

@VDVC-RC +1. He put some time into that response

Outcast 4s and 6s both wheelie on demand. They are the perfect stunt truck and I would highly recommend one. You should re enforce the body for sure.

Upgrade items as you break them. That way you find weak spots and don’t spend too much money.

Hi

Is Outcast 4S V2 for flip jumps the best or close to best choice?
I will mostly run on grass going on these type of jumps https://www.amazon.com/RIZE-Single-...14?keywords=bike+ramps&qid=1697882276&sr=8-14

Or should I pick up something else?
Need something bigger with more pitch like this. Doesn’t need to be that big necessarily but you need that curve at the top to give you some lift and a little hang time for flips.

image.jpg

That's going to be too narrow, you really want more like a 3 foot wide ramp.
And not the correct angel for doing backflips. He wants a launch ramp like this

1697907691662.png

Need something bigger with more pitch like this. Doesn’t need to be that big necessarily but you need that curve at the top to give you some lift and a little hang time for flips.

View attachment 327833
Been there done that lol.

And not the correct angel for doing backflips. He wants a launch ramp like this
45 degrees for flippin and 30 degrees for launching. Use a bendy tent pole or pex pipe to get the right angle. Really easy to do.
What in holy hell pile of rotten wood is that?! 🤣 Looks like you use the natural curvature the rain gives plywood. Hey whatever works 😉 I made a couple out of wood and they started falling apart from moving to keep them out of bad weather. Got this thing and can leave it out and never have to worry about it breaking. Love it!
IMG_5456.JPG

That's going to be too narrow, you really want more like a 3 foot wide ramp.

Sorry its a (similar ramp) and I should have measured it before posting... :-/

Its only 2,3 foot wide but I can put 2 of them together making it *2 wide.
3,11 foot long, 1,01 foot high
Angle is not flat, its more like Slick2500 picture.

I can probably put something under them to make (pitch higher).

If price the on 4s outcast and 6s outcast is close is it better to go with the 6s in all cases?
Need to look at more places but Horizon Hobby EU price difference is 100 euro (It feels like you get more for that last 100 euro).

Last edited:
Sorry its a (similar ramp) and I should have measured it before posting... :-/

Its only 2,3 foot wide but I can put 2 of them together making it *2 wide.
3,11 foot long, 1,01 foot high
Angle is not flat, its more like Slick2500 picture.

I can probably put something under them to make (pitch higher).

If price the on 4s outcast and 6s outcast is close is it better to go with the 6s in all cases?
Need to look at more places but Horizon Hobby EU price difference is 100 euro (It feels like you get more for that last 100 euro).

Looks like you got the right ramp. But for the Outcast 4s & 6s, it felt like I could do backflips off of a twig!

The 6s Outcast/Notorious may actually be a better value for you & you can run it on 4s if you like. There's a guy who built a 4s Kraton from a 6s SWB chassis. Check for people selling used ones for good deals. But new ones have a warranty.

Tune the center diff on the 6s with thicker fluid if you don't have the air or wheelie control you like. I'd get the metal center diff case to contend with the heat better. I've killed a few of the plastic ones running my 6s Typhon on the street & overheating the plastic.
Some people like the RPM arms for replacements.

The good thing about all of the ARRMAs is they are modular & you can build to whatever specifications you prefer.

Pic of all metal center & rear 29mm Active diffs for my Talion EXB build.

PXL_20231021_203858978.NIGHT.jpg

If you’re only jumping off a 1ft ramp, I’d get the 4S.

I started skateboarding and have seriously been looking at these ramps…. Dual-purpose!
Pricey but you get what you pay for. Impressed with the quality 💪🏼

Nice video and links to his run videos, I will get it.
Have a Fireteam and Kraton 1/5 EXB RTR so I think this smaller lighter one more for jumps/flips will be good.

Hmm choice is harder than I thougt, the 4s v2 plastic chassi don't seem to hold up even on low altitude jumps if they come with speed.
This time of year where I live its 0 celsius, summer is over and winter is comming.
Have my doubts on the plastic on this versus the maxx and and xmaxx which I don't want.

Also no center diff and smaller battery tray.

EDIT:
Outcast 6s discontinued? Why would I want to buy the current Notorius then :D
Guess I wait to see what is new or maybe buy the Corally Kagama. (don't have a corally).
Black Friday soon

Last edited:
Because it is probably the best RTR stunt truck out there. I would definitely buy that over any 4S plastic chassis truck.
This ⬆️!!! I was was gonna say something sooner but you seemed set on it. I personally wouldn't buy a 4s outcast or kraton. Metal chassis and 3 diffs all the way! The 6s outcast and noto are the same just different bodies. If you set the 4s outcast next to the 6s...they are almost the same size. Upgrades are endless. Purely speculation but I think they will release a new version soon, spring maybe? I had a 4s oucast v2 but sold it after it started breaking on the regular.

Me personally if I was looking at getting a 4s basher I would look at the Redcat Kaiju, Traxxas Maxx v2, Tekno MT410, Arrma Notorious or maybe the Skeeter.

Agree. And a curve to a steeper angle. Big jumps are easier to land than small jumps.
Yeah I feel a "Quarter Pipe" angle ramp gets the best Big air if that is what you are looking for. How its done by the best Big air guys.
A few bucks more gets you into the 6s line, Noto, K6s, etc. More popular with the Big air guys. With way more upgrade potential and more durability out the box as well.

My guess is that Arrma will release new versions on some of the 6S line up.
Kraton 6S V5 is like 3 years old if I am not mistaken.

Hmm choice is harder than I thougt, the 4s v2 plastic chassi don't seem to hold up even on low altitude jumps if they come with speed.
This time of year where I live its 0 celsius, summer is over and winter is comming.
Have my doubts on the plastic on this versus the maxx and and xmaxx which I don't want.

Also no center diff and smaller battery tray.

EDIT:
Outcast 6s discontinued? Why would I want to buy the current Notorius then :D
Guess I wait to see what is new or maybe buy the Corally Kagama. (don't have a corally).
Black Friday soon
you can add a center now with the new mojave 4s. The battery tray has a small spacer to fix the chassis breaking the mc2 chassis brace. Maybe the 6s line is that good but from my eyes it's a win win either way

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back