Outcast Outcast 6s BLX FIRE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FacebookGrandma

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I don’t think this should happen.
ESC bursted into flames last bash.

IMG_1476.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1469.jpeg

Welcome, thats really too bad, what a mess. At least it didn't get to the battery. Yes not normal, I have one in my Typhon 6s going on 6 years. 2 others @ 3 years also 6s. . Hopefully the motor survived as well. Maybe time to upgrade

Depending on how old the truck (2 years or less) I would contact hh for a replacement everything burnt damage free body, side guard, motor, esc, receiver, etc.
Already have let’s see what they say. Even if out of warranty. You would think it would not explode on me. Glad I was in the middle of the skate park with no one around to breath that nasty smoke.
Welcome, thats really too bad, what a mess. At least it didn't get to the battery. Yes not normal, I have one in my Typhon 6s going on 6 years. 2 others @ 3 years also 6s. . Hopefully the motor survived as well. Maybe time to upgrade
Well unfortunate the battery took some heat so will be throwing it away. Don’t trust those battery’s to not light off like a blow torch if the cells are damaged.

Call HH and keep us updated on whats going and and the outcome. Seems Like you might be out of luck because thats a BLX185. All depends on the purchase date though. If they deny try to have your LHS or where ever you got the car from call them
I thought surely by now your 16S Senton would be up in flames at 230mph !! (WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN !!???!!?!?!? )
Already have let’s see what they say. Even if out of warranty. You would think it would not explode on me. Glad I was in the middle of the skate park with no one around to breath that nasty smoke.

Well unfortunate the battery took some heat so will be throwing it away. Don’t trust those battery’s to not light off like a blow torch if the cells are damaged.
Sorry that happened, its rare, but it happens. Smart move with the battery

Been there. That Legacy BLX185 ESC was known for fires for a spell. A bad production run. Happened with my early release V1 Noto. Arrma made good on it per the 2 year warranty, with my receipt. They wanted it back to repair. Cost them easily the cost of a new one in parts alone. Cost me zero, and zero for shipping. I only had it like 5 months with little use.. They returned it inside of 2 weeks. Body and all was replaced. Probably 75% of the parts replaced. They could have just sent me another one. I think it was still rather new and on B/O at the time.
>>BLX 185 esc is still running well to this day.. This happened years back.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/notorious-6s-blx185-went-ablaze-on-fire.11675/

So how did you put it out...?
Or did it burn itself out??
Every esc fire I've had has burned itself out within like 3-4 seconds. You don't even get time to put a fire out tbh. That's also why I've never had much damage except for the esc. :eek:

did you check the cells before you tossed it? welcome to the forums btw!

just had one of my firma escs start to go funny stopping starting slowing down then it started to smell funny and wouldn't go at all no fire thank god. just ordered the new quicrun 150a esc and motor had so much luck with the old quicrun couldn't resist for the price. the firma is 11 months old and been run a lot so not bothered really :mad:

Been there. That Legacy BLX185 ESC was known for fires for a spell. A bad production run. Happened with my early release V1 Noto. Arrma made good on it per the 2 year warranty, with my receipt. They wanted it back to repair. Cost them easily the cost of a new one in parts alone. Cost me zero, and zero for shipping. I only had it like 5 months with little use.. They returned it inside of 2 weeks. Body and all was replaced. Probably 75% of the parts replaced. They could have just sent me another one. I think it was still rather new and on B/O at the time.
>>BLX 185 esc is still running well to this day.. This happened years back.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/notorious-6s-blx185-went-ablaze-on-fire.11675/
Dude the BLX180 was the esc that was known for fires, the BLX185 most common thing I saw was the 4 green leds of death and even then there weren't many people who had that issue.

Last edited:
I thought it was both the 180 and 185, had spells of bad production runs. :unsure:

I thought it was both the 180 and 185, had spells of bad production runs. :unsure:
Like I said the BLX180 was the one that started on fire and the biggest problem I saw with the 185 was the green led of death. This is probably the 3rd or 4th BLX185 esc fire I've seen in the past 6 years I lost count of how many 180 fires I saw, it was probably just as bad as the Firema 150a though.

Like I said the BLX180 was the one that started on fire and the biggest problem I saw with the 185 was the green led of death. This is probably the 3rd or 4th BLX185 esc fire I've seen in the past 6 years I lost count of how many 180 fires I saw, it was probably just as bad as the Firema 150a though.
how long does a esc last :unsure: think its the luck of the draw a lot of the time. the best escs I have had are the quicrun ones. I've had castle a few max 8 escs blx 185 few of those and a few firma 150a escs. the firma been the worst. not had a quicrun stop on me yet and there the cheapest

how long does a esc last :unsure: think its the luck of the draw a lot of the time. the best escs I have had are the quicrun ones. I've had castle a few max 8 escs blx 185 few of those and a few firma 150a escs. the firma been the worst. not had a quicrun stop on me yet and there the cheapest
I have had a quic run go bad on me in the snow. Inside was dry and no snow on the inside so I don't understand what happened but it had the 4 green lights of death with a little burning smell

It burned itself out. I let it burn untill I can get close. I original thought it was the battery so I did not want to breath the smoke as that stuff is super toxic for lungs.
Yeah, battery smoke is quite toxic. Ain’t it weird how good it smells, though? 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back