Outcast Outcast 6S Diff tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty_Al

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
As per the guidance in many posts I replaced the diff fluid with 60K/500K/60K F/C/R in December.
Last time we ran the truck on 6S we found it really hard to be able to hit full throttle as the front would lift around 2/3 - 3/4 throttle. This happened on both flat grass and large pavement area (netball courts).

Would this be caused by:
Diff Fluid needing to be replaced
Diff Fluid low
Something else?

Thanks

500k at center makes this normal. I have 200 at center right now. 60f/30r. Its normal for 500kcenter IMO. Work on your TH finger better. Remember, the OC is a short wheel base. It lifts real easy. Dropping center down will help. But the OC and my Noto.( same wheelbase) do the same. You can always tune down the center. 100k at a time or perhaps go to 300k at center. I'm running 200k in both my Kraton (LWB) and Noto.(SWB) Tuning diffs is a personal preference thing based how and where you drive. Good luck.:)
BTW watch the wheeliing wears out the rear axles and diffs fast. I find running 4s is perfect with my setup. I don't always run 6S.

That's what I do, I have two spare diffs, one center and one for front or rear as backups and have different weights at the ready.
Its nice to have spares so you can bash quickly if a diff goes out. doesn't spoil the weekend.
Enjoy.:)

yep its the 500k center that makes it act like that as @SrC stated... diff fluid does break down and becomes lighter after so much use.. i personally love 500k in the center.. to me once it breaks down it feels like maybe a little heavier than 300k..

Ever notice how on a very cold day the center almost seems locked until its run a bit?

The higher weight diff fluids will also help to even out wear on the tires as well, front tires won't turn into a pizza cutter and diff out as bad (specially when the rig is doing a wheelie) as it's sending the power a bit more evenly to front and back. As you're learning though, it does make it a bit easier with wheelies! Just wanted to throw that tidbit in there as well! ? (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back