Outcast Outcast 6s EXB ROLLOUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
Hey everyone! My new Outcast 6s EXB came with the Bluetooth chip and phone mount for the DX3 and I wanna dial in the speed to be at least somewhat close to actual. Seems I need the rollout measurement to achieve this. Before attempting to figure it out myself, I’m curious if anyone else already knows it. I figure I may as well take advantage of the stuff coming with it and get it operating right. Stock pinion. Haven’t upgraded it yet. Punch is set to factory setting 4. Stock tires and wheels. Battery is 6s 100c spektrum if any of those help. Being fairly new to RC, if you don’t know the Rollout and have any advice on how to measure it, feel free to let me know!

Thanks everyone! Happy bashing!

Hey everyone! My new Outcast 6s EXB came with the Bluetooth chip and phone mount for the DX3 and I wanna dial in the speed to be at least somewhat close to actual. Seems I need the rollout measurement to achieve this. Before attempting to figure it out myself, I’m curious if anyone else already knows it. I figure I may as well take advantage of the stuff coming with it and get it operating right. Stock pinion. Haven’t upgraded it yet. Punch is set to factory setting 4. Stock tires and wheels. Battery is 6s 100c spektrum if any of those help. Being fairly new to RC, if you don’t know the Rollout and have any advice on how to measure it, feel free to let me know!

Thanks everyone! Happy bashing!
Gear ratio is 4.3 if that helps

And Final gear ratio is 17.92.

The Roll out Number that needs to be "Plugged In" is easy to get.
It is the actual rolled out diameter of the tire used. Measured in MM. Hoons rolls out to aprox. 30cm
A Hoon 42/100 for example, roll out is 300mm (in mm) Take the wheel with a marked spot and roll it out along a ruler one full revolution This is the measured roll out.
>But to be precise, always measure it yourself for better accuracy. < With use/wear also the tire roll out changes.
Remember that Using the App to measure speed is not that acurrate. Just a loose measurement and good enough as a loose reference only. Not that accurate, because of a tires expansion at speed and wear. Even with Belted on road tires.
Only a GPS performance analyzer is a known measurement of accurate speed when compared to the APP.
There will always be a difference in speed using the App. Based Speedo vs a GPS/Gnass.

Edited.

Like @Rob66 stated, correct Final drive ratio is needed as well.

Last edited:
Gear ratio is 4.3 if that helps

And Final gear ratio is 17.92.
Thank you for the advice!
The Roll out Number that needs to be "Plugged In" is easy to get.
It is the actual diameter of the tire used. Measured in MM.
A Hoon 42/100 for example is 100mm.
>But to be precise, measure it your self for better accuracy. <
Remember that Using the App to measure speed is not that acurrate. Just a loose measurement and good enough as a loose reference only. Not that accurate, because of a tires expansion at speed. Even with Belted on road tires.
Only a GPS performance analyzer is a known measurement of accurate speed when compared to the APP.
There will always be a difference in speed using the App. Based Speedo.
Thank you for the advice! Yea I understand it’s most likely totally not accurate. I just figure since I got it I may as well use it. I’m more interested in the temp readings. It’s been super hot out in Minnesota this summer so I wanna keep an eye on them numbers if I’m out bashing.

I’m also interested in getting a GPS performance analyzer as well. Do you have any recommendations for those?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back