Outcast Steering Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladshoteyes

Reaction score
Hi bashers,

I tried looking for answers in the web but terribly failed. To the point where I signed up( then later cancelled) a $71 charge from just answer.
My issue.

My steering turns the opposite. I prefer my controller to be in N and not in R.
When I turn the wheel, only the otherside turns completely. The opposite side, barely moves.
Before all these, what I did was I reset the controller to factory and this is what happens. Thats the only thing I can remembee that I did.
I was hoping a good soul can shed some light.

PS.
Everything is bone stock

In keeping this simple at first, Try looking at the 4 Pivot balls at the ST hubs/uprights. If one or more are Bound up, this will limit ST in either direction or both. This the first thing to look at . Check they are clean and adjusted so they move freely. Second is to observe the Servo saver. Third is the Servo itself.
All this assuming your Steering EPA was checked first out the box, and your radio settings were not inadvertently "Bumped (Moved). If so, Read the manual better in regards .

Maybe a video would help us to help you better. I'm sure this can be all sorted out.

BTW, depending which OC8 you have, the stocker Servos are not all that. Many upgrade them sooner or later.
I don't have any 8s platforms. But have read through all the 8s threads in regards. Try "Searching" all the 8s AF threads, if you have not already.

Other 8s guys will probably have better advice. (y)

I just offered the basic fundamentals, that will apply to most any similar chassis platform.
I have all Arrma 6s stuff. But they also run Pivot ball uprights/hubs as well. With similar issues like yours.

>>>> I am very confused about what you mean by:

"My steering turns the opposite. I prefer my controller to be in N and not in R." :unsure:

Can you elaborate better?
Is your ST. and Thr. is in reverse????;)

Last edited:
In keeping this simple at first, Try looking at the 4 Pivot balls at the ST hubs/uprights. If one or more are Bound up, this will limit ST in either direction or both. This the first thing to look at . Check they are clean and adjusted so they move freely. Second is to observe the Servo saver. Third is the Servo itself.
All this assuming your Steering EPA was checked first out the box, and your radio settings were not inadvertently "Bumped (Moved). If so, Read the manual better in regards .

Maybe a video would help us to help you better. I'm sure this can be all sorted out.

BTW, depending which OC8 you have, the stocker Servos are not all that. Many upgrade them sooner or later.
I don't have any 8s platforms. But have read through all the 8s threads in regards. Try "Searching" all the 8s AF threads, if you have not already.

Other 8s guys will probably have better advice. (y)

I just offered the basic fundamentals, that will apply to most any similar chassis platform.
I have all Arrma 6s stuff. But they also run Pivot ball uprights/hubs as well. With similar issues like yours.

>>>> I am very confused about what you mean by:

"My steering turns the opposite. I prefer my controller to be in N and not in R." :unsure:

Can you elaborate better?
Is your ST. and Thr. is in reverse????;)
Hi.
Was a bit busy these past few days.
I did what you suggested, which is 9/10 is the culprit - pivot balls.
But in my case, it wasnt. I actually messed up my binding, calibration process. Now its all good. I guess I am one of those 1/10 people. Lol
My other concern is, can I set up correctly the AVC (mind you I don't bash that hard) after binding and calibration is done? It seems, my AVC was not set up correctly. Lol. Or do I have to go through the trouble of resetting my radio, then rebind and calibrate?

Thanks again.

"don't JUST BASH
BLAST!"

AVC is by Enabled by Default when the TX is bound with the RX. If you DON'T want AVC, there is a special Binding procedure to Disable it. Per the Rx manual. Some guys disable it. I do this with some models. AVC and Gyros can be over rated and not best for Big Air and Sending it. Why most basher guys Disable theirs.
So at that point, after the Binding, you need to adjust the AVC Gain knob on the TX (Radio). Don't need much at all. 10% or less to start out with. Too much AVC "Gain" will act all finicky. Spektrum AVC can be very finicky that way. Less Gain is More. Works best.

>>>> Also, the ESC gets turned on after the radio is turned on as always. As with any RC model.
>>> But, with any Gyro or AVC, The model MUST be Still and on Level ground when you turn on the ESC, otherwise the AVC will not Calibrate properly upon Startup. AVC always does an initial calibration with every start of the ESC.
It can take several seconds for the AVC/Gyro to self Calibrate, well after you hear the ESC initialize. And Don't touch the Radio Controls until its calibrated.
BTW , "Heading hold" is a nice feature of AVC or Gyros. Once you figure it out, you will like this feature.

Some food for thought.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back