Outcast Upgraded steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Steering kinda sucks in my Outcast EXB. It feels loose, slow, and clunky.

Primal 70kg servo. Stock servo saver and steering components.

I bought a better servo but am wondering if there’s anything else I should change while I’m in there.

Hot racing servo saver?
M2C steering bellcrank kit?
Something else?

I don’t want to buy unnecessary upgrades so I’m curious which changes actually tighten up the steering.

Thanks

70kg servos seem too weak for some. Others, its ok and better than the stocker one. Get a more $powerfu$l one?
Look over the Servo Saver spring better??
Check the Pivot balls... are not too tight. They can bind up with dirt ingress sometimes.
I don't have an 8s to advise any better.

Vitavon if what you try doesn't work. Although it has presented a few other issues I've experienced. This not being one but a common one for me, on both 8s rigs: I keep breaking the screws that go from the steering links to the bell crank (and sometimes the screw on the other end of link to the knuckle). I think they need to be a larger diameter and been thinking about how to achieve this. Easy to tap the bell crank but not the those link ball ends with the hex on one side..🤨

That vitavon kit so expensive but I bet it would be a giant upgrade. Maybe I will do it for at least one of them 🤣
Vitavon if what you try doesn't work. Although it has presented a few other issues I've experienced. This not being one but a common one for me, on both 8s rigs: I keep breaking the screws that go from the steering links to the bell crank (and sometimes the screw on the other end of link to the knuckle). I think they need to be a larger diameter and been thinking about how to achieve this. Easy to tap the bell crank but not the those link ball ends with the hex on one side..🤨
I was having a problem with those screws with the stock stuff haha. I've started using longer screws with lock nuts on the tire side. On the bellcrank side I haven't had a problem with the screws since I red locktited that poop 🤣

I run the aluminum HR knockoff servo saver. It’s like $17 on amazon and was a noticeable improvement.

Is the steering how I would like it to be? No, but it is good enough until I want to drop dumb money on the agfrc and vitavon kit.

That vitavon kit so expensive but I bet it would be a giant upgrade. Maybe I will do it for at least one of them 🤣

I was having a problem with those screws with the stock stuff haha. I've started using longer screws with lock nuts on the tire side. On the bellcrank side I haven't had a problem with the screws since I red locktited that poop 🤣
What servo saver do you use?

What servo saver do you use?
stock on all 3 8s arrma rigs I own. Cheap primal or jx in all 3 as well. I hate the speed of the steering on my arrma 8s rigs. Feelsbad because my xrts use cheap ali express 80kg 1/8th servo and it's fast and has been durable. If there was some type of affordable adapter to use 1/8th scale servo in the arrma 8s rigs I'd do it in a heartbeat instead of spending 300$ on a good fast 1/5th servo.

Yeah 8s 1/5 servos are $$$$. That above is 10 times the price of my cheap DS3235 35kg AMZ Standard size servos.
Play big, pay hard.:rolleyes:

stock on all 3 8s arrma rigs I own. Cheap primal or jx in all 3 as well. I hate the speed of the steering on my arrma 8s rigs. Feelsbad because my xrts use cheap ali express 80kg 1/8th servo and it's fast and has been durable. If there was some type of affordable adapter to use 1/8th scale servo in the arrma 8s rigs I'd do it in a heartbeat instead of spending 300$ on a good fast 1/5th servo.
I got the bigger primal 13130 and it cost me 189 out the door. Shipping was free and no tax for me. It’s an awesome servo IMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back