Outcast unbreakable body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So the body for the outcast came in today if any of you are planning on getting one use a dremel to cut it lol it's solid as a rock i believe it's made out of abs plastic but not sure took it out for a bash now i feel pretty confident knowing i won't need a body for a while

Last edited:
It's def not abs plastic. Near as I can tell it is the same type of plastic that they make dumpster lids out of. It has the same feel and texture anyway.

It's def not abs plastic. Near as I can tell it is the same type of plastic that they make dumpster lids out of. It has the same feel and texture anyway.
I just figured abs because i bought a aftermarket dash one time for my dodge cause the stock ones fell apart in a million pieces had the same texture feel and flexability durable as all hell but dumpster plastic sounds like it could be it to

This is interesting. I wondered what these guys did for day to day and what they use their plastic vac machine for regularly. I agree it appears to be the same material as dumpster lids. The body I bought is an Outcast (not Noto though I'm replacing a Noto body.) I'm a little nervous to cut it and have no template to go by...I don't have an Outcast stock lid to look at.
I like the idea of using a dremel style tool to cut it because otherwise I have some tin snips that I don't like using and probably nothing better. I do have a knockoff dremel style tool though.
I wish there were a template for these Russian bodies for cutting and for vinyl decals like windows and other details.

This is interesting. I wondered what these guys did for day to day and what they use their plastic vac machine for regularly. I agree it appears to be the same material as dumpster lids. The body I bought is an Outcast (not Noto though I'm replacing a Noto body.) I'm a little nervous to cut it and have no template to go by...I don't have an Outcast stock lid to look at.
I like the idea of using a dremel style tool to cut it because otherwise I have some tin snips that I don't like using and probably nothing better. I do have a knockoff dremel style tool though.
I wish there were a template for these Russian bodies for cutting and for vinyl decals like windows and other details.
I noticed on mine if you look on the inside of the body there's some outline indentions that i followed with the dremel and they line up with the factory noto body

I wish they came precut.

yea...the unbreakable bodies are made from something the same or extremely similar to polypropylene or polyethylene plastic. Precut would be nice. RC Maniacs sells them precut and most are a better (smoother quality) and also yes...you will see more detail inside the body that might help with cut lines.

yea...the unbreakable bodies are made from something the same or extremely similar to polypropylene or polyethylene plastic. Precut would be nice. RC Maniacs sells them precut and most are a better (smoother quality) and also yes...you will see more detail inside the body that might help with cut lines.

I don't understand why they don't invert the mould so that all the detail is on the _outside_ of the body

I don't understand why they don't invert the mould so that all the detail is on the _outside_ of the body

If im correct..not sure...they cut the molds out of layered or solid wood. the best way is CNCd metal body shapes to mold around and most likely doing the thermal forming /vacuum forming so it's designed to put the material over the top of the shape to create the new body. Doing it inside out would most likely require more time and be more difficult and more expensive to complete. Maybe possible but not common at all for rc body creation or for most things created like this.

Mold out of wood. Heat plastic that is hovering over the mold in size. Plastic drops over the mold and then vacuum from the bottom.
This is how signs are made that are embossed etc. And they're painted on the back side just like our lexan bodies.

whoops...lol...that what I get for working on stickers and socializing at the same time lol...enjoy the F in decal image lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back