Outcast unbreakable body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mold out of wood. Heat plastic that is hovering over the mold in size. Plastic drops over the mold and then vacuum from the bottom.
This is how signs are made that are embossed etc. And they're painted on the back side just like our lexan bodies.

I thought these unbreakable bodies were molded over proline bodies, which is why they're so detailed on the inside

I thought these unbreakable bodies were molded over proline bodies, which is why they're so detailed on the inside

no. some are made similar to proline bodies and others they use free 3D (fill size files) and make some small modifications to fit wheel bases and such for RC cars. They might use a proline body and fill it with something so its solid and then remove it but not so sure the lexan bodies will hold up to the heat without issues since they're also created the same way,.

Last edited:
So everyone that has an unbreakable body is there 2 different manufacturers of these bodies or just 1?

So everyone that has an unbreakable body is there 2 different manufacturers of these bodies or just 1?

2 different ones.

RC Maniacs started making them first...his come pre-cut and have been a nicer finish overall but he really tries to not run around knocking off proline bodies and such. So he doesn't carry any many models/colors.

Probody RC - offers more models and colors but some times the material has a rough texture, not pre-trimmed bodies and sometimes arrive with lots of scratches but.

both have a warranty against cracks and such.

2 different ones.

RC Maniacs started making them first...his come pre-cut and have been a nicer finish overall but he really tries to not run around knocking off proline bodies and such. So he doesn't carry any many models/colors.

Probody RC - offers more models and colors but some times the material has a rough texture, not pre-trimmed bodies and sometimes arrive with lots of scratches but.

both have a warranty against cracks and such.
Interesting i think ive only ordered from probody rc they seem pretty solid texture looks like a dashboard as i said earlier lol or a trash can

No decals came with the body. I think I paid $66 or so with ebay coupon.

For those that have these, how are they really holding up? I really need to get a new body for my outcast and don't relish the thought of spending $50+ on a notorious/outcast body just to have it shatter on me like the original did. I mean, it lasted 5 months or so of abuse, but required a lot of tape, rivets and patching... If they "unbreakables" are lasting a year or more, then it would be worth it and the work to cut/install.

For those that have these, how are they really holding up? I really need to get a new body for my outcast and don't relish the thought of spending $50+ on a notorious/outcast body just to have it shatter on me like the original did. I mean, it lasted 5 months or so of abuse, but required a lot of tape, rivets and patching... If they "unbreakables" are lasting a year or more, then it would be worth it and the work to cut/install.
I don't know yet first hand but the material is unique to lexan standard. I have one yet to be installed.
I've watched plenty on these and trust that for the money I should get huge durability. They need to look better with vinyl decals etc but I really do feel like I can trust the material. It's as mentioned, dumpster lid style durability. No doubt it'll take a beating.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back