Outcast Outcast Zee Battery Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shakerharley

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Just purchased my first Zee battery for my new Outcast. After connecting it my charger I noticed on lipo had a higher resistance (18.5) than the rest. I have never had a new battery with this high of a resistance right out of the box. Should I be concerned enough to return it?

20240525_120054.jpg

Just purchased my first Zee battery for my new Outcast. After connecting it my charger I noticed on lipo had a higher resistance (18.5) than the rest. I have never had a new battery with this high of a resistance right out of the box. Should I be concerned enough to return it?

View attachment 368589

I'd be sending that guy back for a new one if I were you.

I was on the Zee train fir a minute. I've since realized that China Hobby Line put out much better batteries and for around the same cost (some even less I've noticed) .

View attachment 368589

I'd take some pictures of the reading and contact the manufacturer/seller and get a fresh replacement, pronto!

It's good your charger tells you IR resistance. Mine does not. I have no idea what shape my batts are in. Can't afford any more stuff like that for now. Just gonna have to chance it with cheap stuff all the way around. Have no idea what a decent charger is at this point. Sorry about your battery FWIW.

It's good your charger tells you IR resistance. Mine does not. I have no idea what shape my batts are in. Can't afford any more stuff like that for now. Just gonna have to chance it with cheap stuff all the way around. Have no idea what a decent charger is at this point. Sorry about your battery FWIW.

Think I just paid like 150 or something close to that for my gens a c e charger.
There's some cheaper good options though.
I figure with how many brushless things and batteries I have now days it's worth a decent charger to keep those batt investments safe.

Think I just paid like 150 or something close to that for my gens a c e charger.
There's some cheaper good options though.
I figure with how many brushless things and batteries I have now days it's worth a decent charger to keep those batt investments safe.
Absolutely. Your time and money invested into the hobby makes it necessary to get what ya' got. Maybe I should consider that one. It's dizzying how many there are out there. I see many bad reviews for most everything, so I tend not to know where to turn. But, I've learned a lot since I bought that charger from LHS around 7yrs ago. Just learned about IR resistance earlier this year 😅.

Been in and out of the hobby for 24yrs, and still learning.

Last edited:
Back