Outcast Parts availability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dionisi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Broke my outcast first 5 min of running. Snapped a hingepin and a lower arm. I can get the arms but everywhere i look online the hingepins are out of stock. Strange part to be out of stock, anyway i have a paperweight here does anyone know if there is another brand that fits.

Awesome, you guys rock. Ordering up the stock and also the mcmaster version also and cut some to size. Im assuming the tool steel is the way to go for strength. Thanks again guys, this thing is too much fun to be sitting.

Wow i wish i would have read the reviews before i ordered. Looks like ill never get my money back from the abysmall reviews telling people to stay far away.

Wow i wish i would have read the reviews before i ordered. Looks like ill never get my money back from the abysmall reviews telling people to stay far away.

I'm terribly sorry for recommending that site. I hope they don't screw with you.

DO NOT ORDER FROM Active Power Sports, they are just a drop shipper they show items in stock when they actually are on backorder. If you place an order with these people you will get an email a week later saying that the item is on backorder.
Yep. Had the same problem with HPI parts from them a few weeks ago. Site says they have them, then 3 days later, I got an email saying they would be in stock in a month. Luckily, they cancelled my order for me and refunded me pretty quick. Just wish it hadn't taken 3 days to find out as I was unable to get parts in time for the weekend.

McMaster will murder you on shipping for a part like that. A drill bit of the proper diameter with the cutting portion cut off will work perfect for a hinge pin.

McMaster will murder you on shipping for a part like that. A drill bit of the proper diameter with the cutting portion cut off will work perfect for a hinge pin.
Yeah, their shipping is painful. I make sure to buy $100 worth of stuff whenever I order from them just to make it worth the shipping.

Could you find a drill bit with a long enough part before the flutes start for a hinge pin? I'd think it would be too brittle, but maybe not.

IMG_6451.jpg
I think their shipping is very reasonable and I almost always receive my orders in 2 business days via FedEx ground...
Granted I have a commercial account and spend upwards of 10k a year there, but I've never thought the shipping was excessive and they have a massive amount of inventory that stays stocked up.
Maybe they charge different for non commercial accounts(?) I have no idea.
-invoice attached-

Yeah, I'd say that's a bit much for shipping considering the size and weight. I wonder if they add additional charges to the shipping for residential delivery vs business.

Funny you guys mentioned the shipping cost because i thought it was a little expensive also. But i didnt really care im pretty impatient and the part came in fast. The 4mm rod was 3 bucks and the shipping was 6 bucks.
It did come in that special cylindrical package. It was the tool steel and i cut it to size with my dremel. Im just happy i don't have to rely and getting the actual hingpins ever again, just hope they are stronger than stock but well see. So far this thing is an animal on 6s with the 16 tooth.
Just need that aluminum servo mount and a real servo, been spoiled with high end servos and its ample but didnt impress with its mushy steering.

Funny you guys mentioned the shipping cost because i thought it was a little expensive also. But i didnt really care im pretty impatient and the part came in fast. The 4mm rod was 3 bucks and the shipping was 6 bucks.
It did come in that special cylindrical package. It was the tool steel and i cut it to size with my dremel. Im just happy i don't have to rely and getting the actual hingpins ever again, just hope they are stronger than stock but well see. So far this thing is an animal on 6s with the 16 tooth.
Just need that aluminum servo mount and a real servo, been spoiled with high end servos and its ample but didnt impress with its mushy steering.
I’ll be interested how you feel about tool steel as well. I kinda feel like stainless would be better because tool steel seems like it’d be brittle and more likely to shatter vs stainless could take stress without cracking.

O1 tools steel for this application (side loading) would be slightly stronger than stainless but not offer the corrosion resistance that 316 stainless does. Both are superior to the pin that broke. I'd go as far to say you could jump the Outcast out the back of a C-130 from 32,000ft and the o1 pin would survive. The rest of the truck however would not..... unless your name is rich duperbash, LoL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back