Kraton ADU Racing Parts!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sort of waiting for the jury to come back on the ADU stuff. Their prices are not cheap, bumping against Vitavon and Scorched parts, both of which I know to be fantastic.

How are those front hub carriers? Good tolerances, no wiggle?
Also, great looking rig man!
Good points. Knowing how folks are more inclined to complain than praise, I feel pretty confident in the ADU quality and fitment myself.
I do see though that VItavon and ADU are not far off on pricing. The only caveat to me is shipping FOB, I hate the wait, LOL. 🙄🤔🙃😜

I haven't really noticed any imperfections but I may not have as keen an eye for that sort of thing. Also, my camera skills likely leave a lot to be desired. :LOL:

The entire lot cost me approximately $139.
I may be being extra critical in those pics. The few pieces I received had noticeable blemishes on the finish, and as a perfectionist, it drove me insane 😂. Either way, I think they’re cool pics, nice rig!
Good points. Knowing how folks are more inclined to complain than praise, I feel pretty confident in the ADU quality and fitment myself.
I do see though that VItavon and ADU are not far off on pricing. The only caveat to me is shipping FOB, I hate the wait, LOL. 🙄🤔🙃😜
Are you getting ADU parts faster now that they are on eBay? I waited the same 2-3 weeks for both my Vitavon and ADU parts. Seriously have no idea how Scorched gets his parts to me in 2 days from the UK. It’s absurdly fast.

Last edited:
I may be being extra critical in those pics. The few pieces I received had noticeable blemishes on the finish, and as a perfectionist, it drove me insane 😂. Either way, I think they’re cool pics, nice rig!

Are you getting ADU parts faster now that they are on eBay? I waited the same 2-3 weeks for both my Vitavon and ADU parts. Seriously have no idea how Scorched gets his parts to me in 2 days from the UK. It’s absurdly fast.
Actually I have never ordered from either ADU or Vitavon. Each is from China though whether through ebay or aliex so I imagine similar shipping times?
FWIW, I did get my first aliex order ever just this week, I believe it was around 2 weeks total, not bad for 4 wheels/tires(Mojave), $40, free shipping..Oh, and free returns?! Pretty sweet!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/official-aliexpress-wheel-thread.63547/page-7#post-1079634

I’m sort of waiting for the jury to come back on the ADU stuff. Their prices are not cheap, bumping against Vitavon and Scorched parts, both of which I know to be fantastic.

How are those front hub carriers? Good tolerances, no wiggle?
Also, great looking rig man!
Received my ADU chassis & front /rear chassis braces today . Happy with chassis not so happy with braces as they are not keyed .

If you bend a chassis enough to yield an M4 12.9 screw, you have bigger problems than a pinned brace. 😊 The composite ones were keyed because the screw would easily pull the threads on too much deflection with the older BLX v1-v4 chassis.
Received my ADU chassis & front /rear chassis braces today . Happy with chassis not so happy with braces as they are not keyed .

If you bend a chassis enough to yield an M4 12.9 screw, you have bigger problems than a pinned brace. 😊 The composite ones were keyed because the screw would easily pull the threads on too much deflection with the older BLX v1-v4 chassis.

The ADU chassis comes with the key holes for the braces . I was expecting the ADU braces to match .[ going to use a longer screw with m4 nylock nut } Will be posting this build as my first build thread .:)

The ADU chassis comes with the key holes for the braces . I was expecting the ADU braces to match .[ going to use a longer screw with m4 nylock nut } Will be posting this build as my first build thread .:)
Interesting, the newest revision did not because of the improved center structure on the XLWB.

1714078388664.jpeg

Interesting, the newest revision did not because of the improved center structure on the XLWB.

View attachment 363102
WOW, I’d have to say that is a deal breaker for me. They are now expecting you to use their proprietary brace system with their chassis plate?

I’ve absolutely broken many of those M4 screws. It’s why I insist on only keyed braces.

I agree, keyed is the only way to go.

Last edited:
The Mojave chassis I received has the improved center & keyways for braces .

The Mojave chassis I received has the
Thanks for that. I’d imagine because they don’t make their proprietary motor mount with braces for the Mojave (XLWB) chassis.

Edit: I missed that @Garcbomber has the XLWB in his picture, and it is without the key slots. I also see that they now offer a motor mount bracing system for the Mojave.
Maybe you got lucky. I got the reverse of lucky with them. They had the old model in the picture and sent me the new model. The new model wouldn’t work, so I had to send it back. That was my first AE return, and it was surprisingly smooth.

Last edited:
The Mojave chassis I received has the improved center & keyways for braces .

Thanks for that. I’d imagine because they don’t make their proprietary motor mount with braces for the Mojave (XLWB) chassis.
Have pictures but wont upload ( ops ran in to a problem pops up everytime )

Edit: I missed that @Garcbomber has the XLWB in his picture, and it is without the key slots. Maybe you got lucky. I got the reverse of lucky. They had the old model in the picture and sent me the new model. The new model wouldn’t work, so I had to send it back. That was my first AE return, and it was surprisingly smooth.
just compared @Garcbombers chassis picture to the chassis I received mine has 3 more holes punched in ( 2 for chassis brace keys & 1 extra hole behind rear brace key hole ) maybe a redesign

Good to know 👍🏼

I had mine made BTO, just like the spur cutout I don’t want unneeded holes for dirt and debris to enter.
No spur cut out on the one i received just 3 extra holes

Good to know 👍🏼

I had mine made BTO, just like the spur cutout I don’t want unneeded holes for dirt and debris to enter.
that spur cutout isn’t just for looks, and it’s not a spot for dirt and debris to enter, really. It actually allows the dirt and debris that collect near the spur to fall out. There’s a high likelihood you’ll wear your spur out quicker without it.

that spur cutout isn’t just for looks, and it’s not a spot for dirt and debris to enter, really. It actually allows the dirt and debris that collect near the spur to fall out. There’s a high likelihood you’ll wear your spur out quicker without it.
The center diff does create vacuum when hot(150+ degree) taking in cold under chassis air, but I mainly spend my time spinning that several thousand rpm’s on 60-70mph off-road rigs. At those speeds the center diff is strictly evacuating anything coming through the assembly out the bottom..

Run a mesh screen or tight body so it’s never been a concern with large pebble some. I’ve pinched rocks with it open and destroyed spurs, taped them without an issue for over 2 years 👍🏼

IMG_2250.jpeg

Last edited:
The center diff does create vacuum when hot taking in cold air, but I mainly spend my time spinning that several thousand rpm’s on 60-70mph off-road rigs and that certainly is evacuating anything comes though that assembly. I run a mesh screen or tight body so it’s never been a concern. I’ve pinched rocks with it open and destroyed spurs, taped them without an issue for over 2 years 👍🏼

View attachment 363144

View attachment 363145
You must have it really hot to create a vacuum strong enough to pull in a rock 😂. Seriously though, what rock is bouncing up through that tiny hole in the center of the chassis to lodge itself in your spool? The rocks come from above, and fall down, that is the actual purpose of the slot, even though some people cover them up.

Looking at your damage pics, there’s really no way a rock came up from below and damaged the part I have circled. Something big enough to damage it there had to have come from above.
IMG_5379.jpeg

You must have it really hot to create a vacuum strong enough to pull in a rock 😂. Seriously though, what rock is bouncing up through that tiny hole in the center of the chassis to lodge itself in your spool? The rocks come from above, and fall down, that is their actual purpose, even though some people cover them up.

Looking at your damage pics, there’s really no way a rock came up from below and damaged the part I have circled. Something big enough to damage it there had to have come from above.View attachment 363146
Yes, that’s exactly why I ran a mesh screen with this body after the large pebble was lodged in the spur hole from above. 😂 The notorious front guards do help if you’re behind someone, but the inside wheel spins up everything during cornering into the fenders.
1714137185926.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, that’s exactly why I ran a mesh screen with this body after the large pebble was lodged in the spur hole from above. 😂

View attachment 363152
Yea, any body that covers the tires is going to collect rocks bad. Really all you can do is try to minimize it. A big reason why I try for open wheel rigs only.

I run the stone guards on my 8S, and they help a lot. It looks like they have something similar for the 6S, and people report it fits the Mojave too.
6S Stone guard
IMG_5380.jpeg

IMG_5381.jpeg

Last edited:
Back