Phils are going to the freaking World Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
Mid summer they fire their manager Joe Garidi and look terrible, can’t hit, no pitching, and little league defense. Everyone is waiting for Eagles training camp to start and forget about the Phillies. Interim manager Rob Thomson steps in, he doesn’t seem too impressive, he’s a hockey fan from Canada for goodness sake and only ever played minor league ball. Just a quiet, nice guy on our coaching staff, filling a temporary head coach position to finish out the year... They win like 8 in a row (12 out of 14) and start looking like something. Finish out the season 65-46 under Rob and without Bryce Harper who was out with a broken thumb for 2 months.

Is this guy like a friggin Jedi master, playing those chess boards that have 3 levels? He hasn’t had to by a drink or dinner in this town since August. September they looked a little shaky but he gets them into the playoffs for the first time since 2011. Now the wild card team Philadelphia Phillies go 9 and 2 in the playoffs and are heading to the World Series. Funny he said the other day “for 58 years no one even knew my name.” Well, no one will forget your name now in Philly for giving us October baseball again. He really got this team playing for him and believing in his system. Even their defense is better now, the meat of the lineup knocking the cover off the ball and the pitching is very good. Idk what’s ahead but win or lose the ws this team is really something to watch.

I Dont Season 8 GIF by Friends

Lifelong Yankee's fan for 50+ years. Obviously knew Rob from his time there.
I keep wondering how Joe is feeling after all this transpired. Gotta be tough.
I became a Harper hater after he argued with the ump about stepping back in the box like he's a four year old many years ago. I guess I should get over that.
Would love to see him/them beat the stros tho. That would be amazing.
Good luck!

They look like a team of destiny, unlike my Padres. Hope they take down the Astros

Lifelong Yankee's fan for 50+ years. Obviously knew Rob from his time there.
I keep wondering how Joe is feeling after all this transpired. Gotta be tough.
I became a Harper hater after he argued with the ump about stepping back in the box like he's a four year old many years ago. I guess I should get over that.
Would love to see him/them beat the stros tho. That would be amazing.
Good luck!
Destiny? We’ll see, definately will need things to go their way in a lot of areas to beat the Astros. Astros pitching is better, very deep bullpen with I think five starters, we have 3 good starters and a solid bullpen and our defense is still not fantastic but far better than the beginning of the year. If I were the astros I’d just put the ball in play as much as possible. Phils will give you at least 2 or three extra outs every game with poor fielding. They’ve obviously work very hard on defense but a team full of big sluggers sometimes doesn’t need great defense.

Harper has been hurt much of the season and is just starting to come around into form like last year. Sunday night he hit perhaps the most important home run in Phillies history. Unless he does something even more spectacular, it will be mentioned in his induction to Cooperstown. I hated him when he played for Washington but really like him now from his play last year, clutch batting this year and of course because he’s now on our team. He and his wife seem to genuinely like the Philly area, and do a lot of good things in the community. I think it’s going to be a fun World Series to watch even for a casual baseball fan. I just hope we can make a run at them and not go out in 4 or 5 games. Two teams with a fun cast of characters, I can’t wait, Go Phils!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back