Plastic centre driveshaft getting destroyed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortekyteky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hi all,

After running my vorteks a lot on gravel it seem to get a lot of loose rocks in the spots between the plastic centre driveshaft and the chassis which cuts it a lot and it finally broke the other day. Any suggestions stop it from happening. I can't find any metal ones unless I want to pay $30usd shipping to NZ.

Thanks

Hi all,

After running my vorteks a lot on gravel it seem to get a lot of loose rocks in the spots between the plastic centre driveshaft and the chassis which cuts it a lot and it finally broke the other day. Any suggestions stop it from happening. I can't find any metal ones unless I want to pay $30usd shipping to NZ.

Thanks
Research to see if someone makes a cover. If not, do you have access to a 3d printer? You could model your own cover online. Then if you don’t have a printer, reach out in a local fb group, or ask a shop to do it for you.

Plenty of covers for that on thingiverse, myself and a couple others designed some..👍
And so you know . Rocks will cut through aluminum shafts as well.. if that is the terrain you will be running in the center shaft should be covered by a dusty motors net or a center shaft cover..

Short term solution - panty hose. Long term solution- dusty motors or similar. Don’t waste your money on the metal center shaft. Metal bends and stays bent. Instead get a center drive shaft support loop with the bearing…same as Typhon, senton, and BRCC. It helps even with the short wheel base.

dusty motors net
Short term solution - panty hose. Long term solution- dusty motors or similar. Don’t waste your money on the metal center shaft. Metal bends and stays bent. Instead get a center drive shaft support loop with the bearing…same as Typhon, senton, and BRCC. It helps even with the short wheel base.
thanks, how does the dusty motors net affect the temps?

thanks, how does the dusty motors net affect the temps?

I've never run one personally.. that's why I had designed the center shaft cover.. I have heard mixed reviews on the dusty motors subject over the years..

some have heat issues, some don't say anything about it.. In the end it probably boils down to gearing..

Temps not a problem with the mesh covers. May want a high speed fan to replace the stock Arrma one. Those rocket fans are a nice upgrade and fairly cheap.

I've never run one personally.. that's why I had designed the center shaft cover.. I have heard mixed reviews on the dusty motors subject over the years..

some have heat issues, some don't say anything about it.. In the end it probably boils down to gearing..
can you please give the link to the shaft cover thanks
Cant ur hobbyshop order HR parts?
might look into that thanks

Just go on thingiverse, it's there.. look for designer such tragedy.. he designed the short wheel base cover after I modeled the lwb cover..

If you can't find it.. just search arrma and scroll through until you do..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back