Vendetta Plastic where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the satellite and planetary gears inside the diff plastic

No sir, they are steel 😎

20230605_022347.jpg

Wow that's a bit different than a planetary gear systems is the main gear on the outside plastic? it kinda bugs me to see plastic on main spur so I was looking for any plastic gears so I can switch them to steel
Wow that's a bit different than a planetary gear systems is the main gear on the outside plastic? it kinda bugs me to see plastic on main spur so I was looking for any plastic gears so I can switch them to steel
Thank you by the way for taking the time to show me

Belive me or not..I've recently been running vendetta past 160s with plastic front diff...metal rear..but I've run almost to 140 with both plastic..long as you are ALWAYS gentle on buildup an also very important to have brakes setup light or you'll blow fronts while heavy braking....plastic diffs are much more efficient...I can get them rolling sooooo smooth..

Agree with @K-BASH, the issue is not necessarily the plastic diffs, it's the type of loading the gears are subjected to. Shock loading is hard on all gears, but obviously plastic gears take it worse. I ran a 4068 size motor on my big rock for a while on stock diffs without issues. If you're speed running, you shouldn't have issues unless you're hitting the throttle hard, have braking strength at like 100% or something, or are running a high power setup.

And yeah if you are stripping plastic diffs lefts and right, then i would obviously switch to metal ones.

I've put over 9000w throu plastic diffs..that's like over 10hp .very smooth take off an stopping.shock like Hector said is what does them..I've had big roc with mx28s I could blow them on a quik stab..had paddles on senton kills um quik..always rears..front can handle more

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back