Kraton Possible Christmas Shopping List.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echskay

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Ok. I know it's early to start thinking Christmas Shopping List, but I would really like some helpful input. I own a Kraton 6S V5 BLX. My children, age 9 twins, love to watch me run my Kraton all over the front yard in the neighborhood. I am looking for some decently (read $300 - $400) priced RC's that they could run with me. Yes, I do plan on scaling back on throttle for quite some time. If all of the vehicles ran say 20 mph or so, would be awesome. We are going to be bashing, not really racing. And Yes, I would be doing the wrenching on these bad boys also.

I was thinking about the Granite 4X4 running at $320 a piece. Is this a viable option? I'm thinking that no matter what I get I would need new controller / receiver combos at least.
Any other upgrades please suggest.

Thanks guys.

Any 3S Arrma would fill the bill, even the Vortek. The radios are decent so why change them out, especially for the youngster's.

I have the Granite 3s for my kids (and my self when the 6s is down). They love it, and it is incredible how much beating it can take! If I were to buy today, I would take the Big rock.

1. Big Rock over Granite because it is a tad wider (the Granite does tilt over pretty easy.
2. Big Rock over Vorteks because the Vorteks is like $80 more expensive than the Big rock/Granite (where I come from). Also, it doesn't sound like you need the few extra MPH the Vorteks gives you considering the use in garden, and imo the price is to close to the 4s versions.

If you can, maybe wait for the 4s line to show, but I have a feeling that the price will increase quite a bit. If the prices will not increase, then the 4s would be a much better buy than the Vorteks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back