Granite Post MEGA upgrade question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronF

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hi guys,

I just completed the minimal BLX upgrade to my MEGA, got the Spektrum 3200kv motor and BLX100 ESC with slipper clutch and all the required bits from Jenny's.

The motor has a cooling fin and fan on it but no where to plug it in, the ESC has a fan with a connector. Do I need a splitter to split the power from the ESC fan?

Like this
1678519754354.png

After doing the upgrade, what a massive difference! I'm only running 2S Lipo's because that's all I have. It has to be twice as fast now and will do back flips without too much trouble.
I have a 3S 2200mh for my helicopter so I'll give that a try.

//Unrelated to thread parts list.

Parts list for anyone who is interested, pro tip you'll need that bag of screws if you want to keep your brushed assembly together, I still had to borrow 1 screw from the brushed assembly since there were only 2 in the pack. Got a set of spare control arms while I was there. Shipping was 2 weeks to the day to NZ.
1678519970696.png

You could put the fan in aux channel on the receiver. That's what I did.
And, I forgot, congratulations on the upgrade, did the same myself and yes, it's a big difference 😁😁👍 this how an RC should be.

You could put the fan in aux channel on the receiver. That's what I did.
And, I forgot, congratulations on the upgrade, did the same myself and yes, it's a big difference 😁😁👍 this how an RC should be.
that's a great idea! I'll check that out tomorrow.

haha thanks, still can't believe the difference it made. Makes me wonder what the 6S stuff is like

that's a great idea! I'll check that out tomorrow.

haha thanks, still can't believe the difference it made. Makes me wonder what the 6S stuff is like
I have a Mojave EXB, it's a beast. To be used with precautions 😅 granite is pretty light weight, so it bounces a lot more on the terrain, and the Mojave is more planted to the ground. The jumps is higher with the granite. Faster with the Mojave, but not as high. More flat jumps. I guess a 6s kraton will be as acrobatic as the granite. Mojave is a different kind of fun. 😊

It's common to plug the motor fan into the receiver. I wouldn't use a splitter to run it off the ESC as the fan port is designed for just one fan.

I own a Typhon 3s (my first Arrma), a Kraton 6s, and an Infraction 3s. On 3s the Typhon and Infraction are fast, but not nearly as fast as the Kraton. And the 3s vehicles aren't nearly as strong as the 6s vehicles.

Welcome to the party....next thing you know you will have more RC's and your wife will start asking questions. Wait a minute....that's me sorry. The V2 BLX100 esc did not have the fan port extension on the motor lead. The V3 does. Either way the extension needs to be added to the receiver aux port. No need to split off the esc fan. Just go directly to the receiver. You may want to put a short extension to come out of the box and then a longer one out to the fan. This way you can disconnect easily without breaking into the box if you need to replace fan or remove the power module. You could heatshrink to the motor lead similar to the BLX or just small zip tie.

thanks everyone, that sorted it. chucked that 2200mah 3S in it and the thing rips so hard, looks like I'll be getting some 5300mah 3s batteries soon... The 2s gens ones I have are pretty good so probably go with them again.

we haven't exactly got an amazing selection of batteries down here in NZ :(

after quick look its either Gens or Leopard power. My 2200mah is Leopard Power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back