Power Hobby hard case 3s 5200mah lipo. Hard case broke on fairly new battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegunsmith

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
The hard case of the battery broke. I wasn't doing anything crazy I rolled over one time and I think that is what caused this. Anyways how should I go about fixing this? Gorilla tape? Electrical tape? I'm very disappointed that this happened as this battery only has 10 runs on it. I think the RC gods really dislike me. Nothing but problems since I've gotten back into the hobby.

pic

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_161623.jpg
    IMG_20190417_161623.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 64
I had 2 of these same thing happened to me the hard case on these is total crap, i gorilla taped it and it only lasted so long and got smashed so my other one i transplanted into a dynamite reaction case I had as a spare because that battery I unfortunately left on all night on my BRCC and it discharged too much and lost a cell

I have a 4s 7600mAh powerhobby hard case and I put a thin foam pad on the bottom of the tray, gives it some cushion. So far no problems even after bad landings and multiple cartwheels.

I ordered two of these. One arrived broken during shipping and the other broke on the second run. Very brittle. I just wrapped them in duct tape and they have been fine for 2 months.

Got 6 or so runs on my 2s power hobby batteries. No problems so far. Took some good hits and cartwheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back