Pps mount issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAcey

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the pps mount got it yesterday morning went to install in my kraton 6s exb roller center diff wobbles and gears of center diff seem to get caught in groove anyone else have this issue I don't know if it's me but feels the pieces of this have a slight bent due to rocking on a flat surface

Has anyone had issues with the pps mount got it yesterday morning went to install in my kraton 6s exb roller center diff wobbles and gears of center diff seem to get caught in groove anyone else have this issue I don't know if it's me but feels the pieces of this have a slight bent due to rocking on a flat surface
Pics would help.

Is the center diff installed correctly?

Here are some pics

20220801_200837.jpg

20220801_182004.jpg

20220801_181942.jpg

I think the mount
Spur gear looks crooked or not even in there. The left side is closer to the mount. Us ur spur seated correctly to the diff?
I think the mount is bent slightly I went and bought a complete new diff and am having the same issues sigh

I think the mount

I think the mount is bent slightly I went and bought a complete new diff and am having the same issues sigh
Are mounting on top of washers ?

If so take the washers out and see if the problem goes away.

Are mounting on top of washers ?

If so take the washers out and see if the problem goes away.
Tried both I seem to be hitting the groove in top plate the washers were to give a little cleance for 1650 motor with heatsink

Hard to tell from the pic but the two pieces of the mount DO NOT look parallel to each other.

Been talking with Bob at pps aging to send this one back and hopefully get another he says he has seen only one instance where the m2c chassis has been drilled not perfect that jas cause issues idk felt I was going crazy here
Washers under the top was an effort to get it to work I could figure out why it was binding the washers under the bottom was just to give clearance for the heatsink and should affect the motor mount I have had to do that with great success with others as I run a bigger motor then I should and the 8s arrma heatsink is massive

I had to add spacers to lift the pps roll cage mounts in my Talion XL. I couldn't fit the 56mm diam motor without doing it as it was stuck hitting the roll cage until I lifted it about 6mm. Didn't have the problem using the motor in my fireteam without the pps roll cage mount.

So ended up going to my local hobby shop and we dremaled the top plate and it went together like butter including a pic with the fans installed gotta shorten some wires and add braid but this is getting closer getting excited now

20220803_194923.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back