Trx4 receiver issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my 2nd trx4 I was going to upgrade my servo to a reefs triple 7 and now the reciever is solid red any fixes and esc is flashing green and I don’t think it could of shorted it out because it’s a direct powered servo

Agreed, if the battery was shorted to the ESC I suspect you would get worse than blinking lights.

Does it need to be programmed?

Just my .02

Triple 7 is a 10-14v servo and the ESC’s internal BEC is prob pushing 4v at best.
Doubt you shorted anything but you probably don’t have enough juice to power the servo and the RX is “thinking something is missing”.

Do you have an external BEC to try?

Just my .02

Triple 7 is a 10-14v servo and the ESC’s internal BEC is prob pushing 4v at best.
Doubt you shorted anything but you probably don’t have enough juice to power the servo and the RX is “thinking something is missing”.

Do you have an external BEC to try?
I have and I even tried to power it with a separate battery because a triple 7 is directly powered and does not take power from the receiver

Good call out on the common ground. didn’t think of that.

I hate to say this on the Arrma forum, but that’s why I mostly stick to TRX parts when upgrading my TRX rigs.
For my TRX4 I purchased the TRX BEC and one of their new 2280 brushless servos (705 oz. @ 7.4v) and the stuff is friggin plug-and-play.
Gotta hand it to them….

Installing the Pro Scale light kit tonight and again, it came w/ everything needed to connect (even the y-harness if running their BEC).

Good call out on the common ground. didn’t think of that.

I hate to say this on the Arrma forum, but that’s why I mostly stick to TRX parts when upgrading my TRX rigs.
For my TRX4 I purchased the TRX BEC and one of their new 2280 brushless servos (705 oz. @ 7.4v) and the stuff is friggin plug-and-play.
Gotta hand it to them….

Installing the Pro Scale light kit tonight and again, it came w/ everything needed to connect (even the y-harness if running their BEC).

Trx parts are pretty much plug and play but they are limited at times. The TRX BEC only gives more current and I wanted to run my steering servo from an external BEC @ 8.4V and it was a bit of work. In the end it great.

I put a bunch of my mods on RC Talk.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/gonna-buy-a-trx-4-sport-your-thoughts.137187/#post-1367051

Back