Felony Pro-Line Corvette C8 Body for the Felony/Infraction - Looks Fantastic!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this truly metalic red ps-15 tho? I tried the same thing backed with ps 12 silver

View attachment 210014

View attachment 210015
I used Tamiya PS-37 Translucent Red and backed it with Spaz Stix SZX00309 Silver Metallic Candy Backer
I liked the results, but when I sprayed the red it seemed very thin, could barely tell it was on. But when I sprayed the silver backer, the red really popped.

I used Tamiya PS-37 Translucent Red and backed it with Spaz Stix SZX00309 Silver Metallic Candy Backer
I liked the results, but when I sprayed the red it seemed very thin, could barely tell it was on. But when I sprayed the silver backer, the red really popped.
That was my very first plan. Translucent red and silver. Does the metalic show trought? Ps12 silve isnt really a metalic when i used it. Maybe i need bright silver who is metalic

That was my very first plan. Translucent red and silver. Does the metalic show trought? Ps12 silve isnt really a metalic when i used it. Maybe i need bright silver who is metalic
Yes the metallic shows through the red.
Yeah PS12 is silver, not metallic. The SpazStix seems to be a true metallic or maybe more of a metal flake.
I have PS48 but have not tried it yet - it is called "metallic silver (chrome)" so not sure if it will have same metal flake effect.
LHS is sold out of the SpazStix metallic - I should have bought it all when i had the chance.

That PL body is not really for an Infraction at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Nice body however. Very detailed.
PL tells you to make your Infr. into a Felony for the body to be right. This body is marketed this way. PL chose not to make a C-8 body for the Lim or Infr. So everyone will $buy$ this one as a do it all body, not just Felony guys. I know that I would never want those Felony rear wheels and the rear diff swap on my Lim or Infraction. I have a set of the 53/107 Felony wheels.
I think they suck for traction.(n)
On any rig. Doesn't hook up well. Bigger is not always better.
Just me.
Good looks and the cool factor works for some I guess. IDK.
I would not want a Felony for this reason. Disappoints me.
Couldn't mechanically justify making my Infr or Lim into a Felony just to fit this Felony specific PL C-8 body. Dumb logic. PL is not all that performance oriented. They just make nice bodies.

Last edited:
Yes the metallic shows through the red.
Yeah PS12 is silver, not metallic. The SpazStix seems to be a true metallic or maybe more of a metal flake.
I have PS48 but have not tried it yet - it is called "metallic silver (chrome)" so not sure if it will have same metal flake effect.
LHS is sold out of the SpazStix metallic - I should have bought it all when i had the chance.
Thanks for sharing details. I'm in the process of preparing to paint my first body and I ordered some paint but after seeing yours I want some red just like that so I'm going back and ordering thata translucent red and spazstix. Your red came out amazing!
That PL body is not really for an Infraction at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Nice body however. Very detailed.
PL tells you to make your Infr. into a Felony for the body to be right. This body is marketed this way. PL chose not to make a C-8 body for the Lim or Infr. So everyone will $buy$ this one as a do it all body, not just Felony guys. I know that I would never want those Felony rear wheels and the rear diff swap on my Lim or Infraction. I have a set of the 53/107 Felony wheels.
Just me.
Couldn't mechanically justify making my Infr or Lim into a Felony just to fit this Felony specific PL C-8 body. Dumb logic. PL is not all that performance oriented. They just make nice bodies.
Can't you just add kratan hubs etc to widen the rear while still using same size tires? Or hub extensions in the rear.

Just me.
In theory it should have more traction. Bigger meaty wheels like on f1 cars.
Thanks for sharing details. I'm in the process of preparing to paint my first body and I ordered some paint but after seeing yours I want some red just like that so I'm going back and ordering thata translucent red and spazstix. Your red came out amazing!

Can't you just add kratan hubs etc to widen the rear while still using same size tires? Or hub extensions in the rear.
Yeah but the tires will be smaller
I have talion axles in the rear

An option some have done. (y)
Just that the PL C-8 is flared at the rear fenders for 12mm taller tires. The diff ratio is different on the Fel Not just a wider track due to the tires. This expensive body is not correct for Hoon 42/100 wheels or smaller. Think GRP's.
I would look to Delta plastics if you want a Vette body that is a fit. These are $$$ Licensed bodies. I would want it to be in it's proper scale proportions.
It is just personal preference in the end. The PL C8 body is perfect for a box stock Felony.

Hope I understood your question.

Just that the PL C-8 is flared at the rear fenders for 12mm taller tires. Not just a wider track. This expensive body is not correct for Hoon 42/100 wheels or smaller. Think GRP's.
I would look to Delta plastics if you want a Vette body that is a fit. These are costly bodies. I would want it to be in it's proper scale proportions. These are $$ Licensed bodies.
It is just personal preference in the end. The PL C8 body is perfect for a box stock Felony.

The delta plastic doesn't look good personally vs the PL personally.

+1.
I completely agree with you. PL C8 has all the scale details. No comparison. PL has DP beat.
Many have slapped it onto their Infr/Lim as is. And bashed on..
Its personal taste.

Edit

The PL C8 was designed around the Fel only.
Lim and Infr kits account for many sold. More than Fel overall.. PL should have made a C8 for the these also.

Last edited:
Just that the PL C-8 is flared at the rear fenders for 12mm taller tires. The diff ratio is different on the Fel Not just a wider track due to the tires. This expensive body is not correct for Hoon 42/100 wheels or smaller. Think GRP's.
I would look to Delta plastics if you want a Vette body that is a fit. These are $$$ Licensed bodies. I would want it to be in it's proper scale proportions.

Agree, the PL C-8 body is only designed for the felony..... The rear is not only flared for the wider wheels, but the wheel openings are sized for the larger diameter tires. Using the smaller tires on the back, even using spacers to match the width, just does not look right - too much space around the tire in the body opening.
I am running a box stock Felony, so this fits nice. I cannot see many people converting an Infraction into a Felony - seems more want to go the other way.

What about the protoform C8 body? I have that one on my felony and I know it's different from the PL c8 but I'm not sure how. Thought it was weird no one mentioning it though. I guess, at least there is the bitty 765 body, it looks similar at the least and it was made with infrac/limitless in mind.

What about the protoform C8 body? I have that one on my felony and I know it's different from the PL c8 but I'm not sure how. Thought it was weird no one mentioning it though. I guess, at least there is the bitty 765 body, it looks similar at athe least and it was made with infrac/limitless in mind.

Those bodies are for a different wheelbase/trackwidth chassis. Standard GT8 and GT2 1/8 scale cars. Assuming you're talking about the C7?

What part are you referring to? Front Splitter?
I bought titanium front and rear skid plates that bolt on the bottom from Scorched Parts in UK - these throw off sparks when they hit the ground.
I bought the front skidplate from scorch for spark. The rears were 2 times more expensive. I wanted to shot sparks like how f1 cars do under braking. A dissapointment so far no sparks. Im talking about the front splitter. The plastic one

I bought the front skidplate from scorch for spark. The rears were 2 times more expensive. I wanted to shot sparks like how f1 cars do under braking. A dissapointment so far no sparks. Im talking about the front splitter. The plastic one
The front splitter can be cut from a sheet of 3mm (or 1/8") lexan - you can get at home depot or most other home improvement shops. Use the existing one as a template - maybe trace it out before you crash :) I have cut it with a very fine tooth metal cutting blade in a jigsaw.

Last edited:
The front splitter can be cut from a sheet of 3mm (or 1/8") lexan - you can get at home depot or most other home improvement shops. Use the existing one as a template - maybe trace it out before you crash :) I have cut it with a very fine tooth metal cutting blade in a jigsaw.
Lexan will shader first bump i smash into but not wrong🤣

Agree, the PL C-8 body is only designed for the felony..... The rear is not only flared for the wider wheels, but the wheel openings are sized for the larger diameter tires. Using the smaller tires on the back, even using spacers to match the width, just does not look right - too much space around the tire in the body opening.
I am running a box stock Felony, so this fits nice. I cannot see many people converting an Infraction into a Felony - seems more want to go the other way.
+1
well said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back