Pro Line Racing Flo Tek Bash Armor Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Been running this Flo Tek bash armor body on my Senton 3s blx since January, and it has held up amazingly well. Have taken some very nasty crashes, blowing a pair of RPM front A Arms during an epic 40 mph asphalt cartwheel, and the body just keeps on going. On big crashes
Flo Tek Senton 3s.jpg
, the clips securing the body take more abuse than the body itself.

I know it's spendy, but I went through 3 factory Senton lexan bodies last year. My Flo Tek does not have a single crack. Scratched all to heck, but still in excellent condition.

s

Been running this Flo Tek bash armor body on my Senton 3s blx since January, and it has held up amazingly well. Have taken some very nasty crashes, blowing a pair of RPM front A Arms during an epic 40 mph asphalt cartwheel, and the body just keeps on going. On big crashesView attachment 81495, the clips securing the body take more abuse than the body itself.

I know it's spendy, but I went through 3 factory Senton lexan bodies last year. My Flo Tek does not have a single crack. Scratched all to heck, but still in excellent condition.

s
Well I hope it's better than the proline brute body that they make for the Outcast 6s. That thing cracked on me on the FIRST RUN, which is a disappointment for $70+. I'm not alone either. And it's still cracking (one long crack beginning from the rear where the shock tower is on the side ). ?

Well I hope it's better than the proline brute body that they make for the Outcast 6s. That thing cracked on me on the FIRST RUN, which is a disappointment for $70+. I'm not alone either. And it's still cracking (one long crack beginning from the rear where the shock tower is on the side ). ?
I've seen and heard this before with the Outcast and Kraton indestructable bodies, something with that design is wrong.
I've got one on my Xmaxx and it's super strong.
Landed it upside down multiple times, it just laughs at it.

I've seen and heard this before with the Outcast and Kraton indestructable bodies, something with that design is wrong.
I've got one on my Xmaxx and it's super strong.
Landed it upside down multiple times, it just laughs at it.
The proline brute body for the xmaxx? Is that what you have? I've heard bad things about that one too. Cracks developing with time on that one too. I just don't trust the PL bodies anymore.

Interesting. I flipped on the asphalt today at full speed, slid on the top upside down until I slammed into a curb. After striking the curb, it sailed another 10' in the air, came down on the front corner, breaking both RPM lower A arms. I bent one body clip into a knot, popped another clip completely off, and the one battery strap came loose.

The body came out with some serious scratches, but that's all. That said, I don't jump or heavy bash; I try to keep the rubber side down and work on my SC driving skills. I don't crash too often, but when I do, they tend to be quite awesome.

I'm testing out a set of tires, pushing their limits for an article I'm working on, so when the Senton flips, it tends to be when I've pushed too hard and I lose control. It's not from launching big air off of jumps or at the BMX track.

I hit the curb upside down at the speed in the video. I got lucky and didn't smoke my video camera.

Trying to figure out how to load a link to a video. I just posted it in the Media section

My outcast brute body is going strong. You gotta raise the post post a little so it doesn’t beat on the towers.
That's not the only problem. It transfers all the shock to the rest of the vehicle. It also has bent the crap out of the body posts when you raise them like that. Anyways, the irony is that the brute body cracked on the first run, while the $50 arrma body took a long time to crack. $70 vs $50 and the $50 is better. Heck, even the $40 buggie body for my Outcast 6s off ebay is a BETTER BUY. It's kind of hard to defend proline on this one.

That's not the only problem. It transfers all the shock to the rest of the vehicle. It also has bent the crap out of the body posts when you raise them like that.
Yes,

This has crossed my mind as well. The factory body does take some of the shock, but when I review my slo-mo video, it doesn't take much of it. I have wrecked my T bone bumpers pretty bad. The flimsy factory body just deflects and cracks. Seems a roll cage is probably the best bet, but they be heavy.

s

The proline brute body for the xmaxx? Is that what you have? I've heard bad things about that one too. Cracks developing with time on that one too. I just don't trust the PL bodies anymore.
Yep thay's the one, no issues at all, and i gve it a hard time. Also this body doesn't come flying off all the time, really happy with it!

That's not the only problem. It transfers all the shock to the rest of the vehicle. It also has bent the crap out of the body posts when you raise them like that. Anyways, the irony is that the brute body cracked on the first run, while the $50 arrma body took a long time to crack. $70 vs $50 and the $50 is better. Heck, even the $40 buggie body for my Outcast 6s off ebay is a BETTER BUY. It's kind of hard to defend proline on this one.

I will just agree to disagree with you on this one. I have three trashed factory ARRMA Senton bodies. My Pro Line has undergone the identical treatment as the previous three bodies, and has exceeded my expectations. In two more months I will have been driving with the Pro Line body for as long as I have been with the factory ARRMA bodies. In that time span, three factory failures do to usual wear and tear. Zero with the Pro Line.

A new body for the Senton is about $40. After destroying three of these, Pro Line is a better deal in the long run.

It might be that the body for your platform has some issues that the Senton body does not have. Could be the shape or some other unknown.

If you think the factory body is doing something to "protect" the truck, you might want to take a look at this video.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back