Product review. Perfect Pass body mounts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Ok, first of all, these do nothing to limit the flex and movement of the body unless you upgrade and mount them to aluminum mounts. On the stock plastic body mount mounts they move around more than Shakira in the “hips don’t lie” video. Also, I think if you upgrade to the aluminum body mount mounts and used the stock plastic Arrma body mounts you’d be ahead of the game.
Secondly, the through-pin design for holding the posts seems like a great idea, but in reality the tolerances are so crappy that the body posts literally wiggle to the point of absurdity. This is due to the body post mounting holes being at least 2mm too large for the factory Arrma posts, and also for the rod that secures them. It’s very sloppy. Not even close to the factory Arrma tolerances, which hold the body posts quite well. So I guess I’ll be drilling and tapping the mounts in order to use a 3mm screw to secure the posts, which Arrma already does…
Lastly, the keeper screw for the through-post rod is made of stainless steel and has a Phillips head. Seriously Raz?!?! WTF is wrong with you? They are tiny AF, and there’s absolutely no way these won’t come loose, and if you use blue/medium thread locker on them you’ll almost certainly not be able to remove them without stripping the head. I replaced them with socket head hexes and used thread locker. At least I know I’ll be able to remove them if necessary.
For the price of these things (and taking into account how much he brags about his manufacturing tolerances and how superior the fit is) then it’s a big Two Thumbs Down. I’ll give them 1.5 stars out of 4. This was money poorly spent. Most of his other products have been pretty exceptional, but this set of body mounts is certainly not among them, or that distinction.
I’d rather roll the dice with Integy or some other crap manufacturer in the future if I was considering an alloy set of body mounts. Because these ain’t no better and cost quite a bit of coin more.
Boo. Hiss. Epic fail, Shifrin.
IMG_3086.jpeg

IMG_3088.jpeg

Wow really a Phillips head. Glad I never bought a set, thanks for the review.

Ok, first of all, these do nothing to limit the flex and movement of the body unless you upgrade and mount them to aluminum mounts. On the stock plastic body mount mounts they move around more than Shakira in the “hips don’t lie” video. Also, I think if you upgrade to the aluminum body mount mounts and used the stock plastic Arrma body mounts you’d be ahead of the game.

Secondly, the through-pin design for holding the posts seems like a great idea, but in reality the tolerances are so crappy that the body posts literally wiggle to the point of absurdity. This is due to the body post mounting holes being at least 2mm too large for the factory Arrma posts, and also for the rod that secures them. It’s very sloppy. Not even close to the factory Arrma tolerances, which hold the body posts quite well. So I guess I’ll be drilling and tapping the mounts in order to use a 3mm screw to secure the posts, which Arrma already does…
Lastly, the keeper screw for the through-post rod is made of stainless steel and has a Phillips head. Seriously Raz?!?! WTF is wrong with you? They are tiny AF, and there’s absolutely no way these won’t come loose, and if you use blue/medium thread locker on them you’ll almost certainly not be able to remove them without stripping the head. I replaced them with socket head hexes and used thread locker. At least I know I’ll be able to remove them if necessary.
For the price of these things (and taking into account how much he brags about his manufacturing tolerances and how superior the fit is) then it’s a big Two Thumbs Down. I’ll give them 1.5 stars out of 4. This was money poorly spent. Most of his other products have been pretty exceptional, but this set of body mounts is certainly not among them, or that distinction.
I’d rather roll the dice with Integy or some other crap manufacturer in the future if I was considering an alloy set of body mounts. Because these ain’t no better and cost quite a bit of coin more.
View attachment 346454
View attachment 346455

Dance Dancing GIF

I don't see a problem here..

View attachment 346454
View attachment 346455
Jesus H. Christ...that's shameful and doesn't sound like something Raz would do. And a Philips head screw?
benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF

Thanks for the review though. While it's great knowing what parts are good, I'd argue it's worth even more knowing which ones to avoid.

Jesus H. Christ...that's shameful and doesn't sound like something Raz would do. And a Philips head screw?
benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF

Thanks for the review though. While it's great knowing what parts are good, I'd argue it's worth even more knowing which ones to avoid.
Yeah man, I was actually really surprised and disappointed in equal measure. Most of his other parts have been great. I just ordered a set of his new a-arms yesterday for the 328mm build, and I hope they live up to the hype he’s trying to build in his video. They genuinely seem like a better mousetrap, and hopefully the tolerances are way the heck better than the body mounts. And I couldn’t help but notice he’s selling Vitavon parts on his website!? That’s just as weird as weird gets. Oddly enough, one of the products he features is the Vitavon rear suspension pin blocks, which are not adjustable for rear toe settings. If he had to offer a product from a competitor (not that I don’t like Vitavon, because they are awesome) why wouldn’t he offer the rear adjustable mounts from Scorched? 🤔 Especially after all of the support David has extended to him, and who gave him his blessing to blatantly rip off his Trident shaft so he could make his Ultimate Drive Shafts? Strange days indeed, Momma.
Maybe I’m being a d*ck, but relationships matter, especially if those associations help to line your pockets.

Yeah, I had a set in the bin that I was waiting to install and was like 'oh poop, wasted that $$$'. I did replace the lousy Phillips head with a 3X5mm grub screw and it is much better now. 1 slim layer of elec tape firmed up the wiggle too. However for the $65 we shouldn't have to do anything but install and drive.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had a set in the bin that I was waiting to install and was like 'oh poop, wasted that $$$'. I did replace the lousy Phillips head with a 3X5mm grub screw and it is much better now. 1 slim layer of elec tape firmed up the wiggle too. However for the $65 we should have to do anything but install and drive.
Exactly you should not have to do anything but install it and have no problems

Back