Floating Body mounts Typhon/Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t, but what’s the advantage? All the 6s stuff is pretty much interchangeable so you can mix and match mounts and posts for any configuration for cheap. Like, less than $20.00
Help me understand why there is an $80.00 “solution.”

That piece looks like its for 2WD drag cars like the Losi 22 or the Hobao Hyper EX10. It helps keep the rear of the body straight when doing drag hits because the rear tends to squat down on throttle with those cars since they're basically RWD. The Hobao comes with that as part of the kit. I don't see how you could make that work with any of the Arrma 6S platforms since that hooks up to the rear shock tower. Arrma doesn't even have a 2WD car at the moment...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That piece looks like its for 2WD drag cars like the Losi 22 or the Hobao Hyper EX10. It helps keep the rear of the body straight when doing drag hits because the rear tends to squat down on throttle with those cars since they're basically RWD. The Hobao comes with that as part of the kit. I don't see how you could make that work with any of the Arrma 6S platforms since that hooks up to the rear shock tower. Arrma doesn't even have a 2WD car at the moment...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Their Mega Boost lineup are 2WD with options to "power up" to 4x4.. 🤣

No Advantage with a typhon body but if you put a corvette (or other full car) body on it there are several.
You can mount the body closer to the tires and you don't have to account for suspension travel. This mean a lower mounted body and smaller wheel cut out which both improve aerodynamics. Especially important if you are doing over 100mph and don't want it to go air born.
Also this allows the downforce of the body to get applied directly to the tires without the suspension absorbing it. That keeps the tire planted better and allow less chance of a small bump sending a car airborne at 100+ mph.

It gets expensive when you go airborne at 100+ mph. Yeh, I'd say $80 is cheap insurance.

No Advantage with a typhon body but if you put a corvette (or other full car) body on it there are several.
You can mount the body closer to the tires and you don't have to account for suspension travel. This mean a lower mounted body and smaller wheel cut out which both improve aerodynamics. Especially important if you are doing over 100mph and don't want it to go air born.
Also this allows the downforce of the body to get applied directly to the tires without the suspension absorbing it. That keeps the tire planted better and allow less chance of a small bump sending a car airborne at 100+ mph.

It gets expensive when you go airborne at 100+ mph. Yeh, I'd say $80 is cheap insurance.
Interesting, I’m not really hip to the drag scene. For speed runners we use shock limiters or struts so the rear doesn’t compress too much (the speed run blow overs can be 150mph+) So the lower outside links mount to the upright on the A-arm? I was just scrutinizing the images. Now I sort of get it. Thanks for sharing, I’ve never seen that before.

I haven't done much drag racing either. What little I did I could see how big of an advantage it would be. I did some speed runs with mine and got to 103 on stock electronics. I ended up with so many spare parts I now have a buggy and a gt typhon. One with stock electronics and the other with tekin.
I also want to put a set on my buggy so I can mount the vw body better. The way it is now you can't do over 60 on the ground, I would Hate to see how it handled in the air.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back