Outcast Pro-Line X-Maxx shock caps on my Outcast EXB!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshjosh

Fast, Faster, Boom…
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Vendetta
I will not be owning a X-Maxx, but I will be upgrading my Outcast 8S EXB (I run RTR body) with these proline shock caps that fit!

I also ordered the Proline shock shafts to go with that kit, but I’m really contemplating Frankenstein’ing these shock caps on M2C shock internals. I imagine it’s going to be epic!!!

The Outcast EXB springs also seem to fit the X-Maxx Proline shock bottoms, but I have not verified fitment yet. The X-maxx measures internal size of their shock body, and the Outcast lists external size, but both appear to be the same size, length, and volume. The X-Maxx shocks are also the same length as the Outcast, so the factory spring should work fine on either.
IMG_4105.jpeg

Last edited:
I will not be owning a X-Maxx, but I will be upgrading my Outcast 8S EXB (I run RTR body) with these proline shock caps that fit!

I also ordered the Proline shock shafts to go with that kit, but I’m really contemplating Frankenstein’ing these shock caps on M2C shock internals. I imagine it’s going to be epic!!!

The Outcast EXB springs also seem to fit the X-Maxx Proline shock bottoms, but I have not verified fitment yet. The X-maxx measures internal size of their shock body, and the Outcast lists external size, but both appear to be the same size, length, and volume. The X-Maxx shocks are also the same length as the Outcast, so the factory spring should work fine on either.View attachment 335711
Good find!! I'm really surprised the TRX and Arrma shocks use the same thread pitch on the shock bodies..usually TRX stuff is a different thread pitch from the rest of the rc world "standards". Why? Cuz Traxxass!!🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
Please do let us know how it all works out. As an owner of both, Xmaxx and K8S I'm definitely interested.👍

Good find!! I'm really surprised the TRX and Arrma shocks use the same thread pitch on the shock bodies..usually TRX stuff is a different thread pitch from the rest of the rc world "standards". Why? Cuz Traxxass!!🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
I was very surprised too, I just could not resist trying!

The bottom shock assembly for the X-Maxx does not fit, which is unfortunate, because I really liked the shock guard they have. In testing this out I found that I had bent a factory EXB shock shaft, so I ordered the M2C EXB shock upgrade kit. I can't wait to Frankenstein the Pro-Line shock cap on the M2C internals. Going to land from the moon!

Edit: I assembled and installed one last night (need replacement shock shaft for the other)... Oh my! They look sexy on the Outcast!

Last edited:
What's the fitment issue with Xmaxx shock rod end? Hits arm or ? I don't recall what the shock shaft diameter is on the Xmaxx.
My v1 K8S rtr came through with EXB 6mm front and rtr 5mm rear shocks..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣

What's the fitment issue with Xmaxx shock rod end? Hits arm or ? I don't recall what the shock shaft diameter is on the Xmaxx.
My v1 K8S rtr came through with EXB 6mm front and rtr 5mm rear shocks..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣
It's the threads. It looks like the internal threads are 1mm narrower on the X-Maxx. So the ends sort-of thread in, but the seal isn't good.

Got it. So
It's the threads. It looks like the internal threads are 1mm narrower on the X-Maxx. So the ends sort-of thread in, but the seal isn't good.
Arrma exb is 6mm, TRX must be 5mm shock shaft.. FWIW, my Xmaxx is 2 years old, shock pivots are still nice and tight. TRX does better in these areas than Arrma I feel.

Got it. So

Arrma exb is 6mm, TRX must be 5mm shock shaft.. FWIW, my Xmaxx is 2 years old, shock pivots are still nice and tight. TRX does better in these areas than Arrma I feel.
I'd agree with that. The X-Maxx is substantially lighter, so it is easier on the components. I came really close to buying an X-Maxx because of the centered motor, and agileness. It always looked like it was on the ragged edge though.

I'd agree with that. The X-Maxx is substantially lighter, so it is easier on the components. I came really close to buying an X-Maxx because of the centered motor, and agileness. It always looked like it was on the ragged edge though.
Yes it sure is lighter!! Both are great rigs, totally different too. The Arrma's handle way better, well than the Xmaxx at least, XRT, IDK. I suspect that's a better matchup than the Xmaxx. What is really cool about the TRX 8s rigs is they require so much less power due to the lighter weight. Longer run times on equal batteries, less wear and tear as well. But, there is just something about a 50+ mph 30lb beast.. raises the hairs on my arms and neck when it's ripping by!!😯😁😎🍻

Yes it sure is lighter!! Both are great rigs, totally different too. The Arrma's handle way better, well than the Xmaxx at least, XRT, IDK. I suspect that's a better matchup than the Xmaxx. What is really cool about the TRX 8s rigs is they require so much less power due to the lighter weight. Longer run times on equal batteries, less wear and tear as well. But, there is just something about a 50+ mph 30lb beast.. raises the hairs on my arms and neck when it's ripping by!!😯😁😎🍻
I agree with everything you said! My only addition is my arm tires quickly trying to 1-arm carry my Outcast with added aluminum parts. If I break it on-site it’s a long tiring walk back. During those times I really contemplate a lighter rig! Lol

I agree with everything you said! My only addition is my arm tires quickly trying to 1-arm carry my Outcast with added aluminum parts. If I break it on-site it’s a long tiring walk back. During those times I really contemplate a lighter rig! Lol
No doubt!!The last time I left my house with rc's to go bashing was with my daughter's BF, about 3 years ago. He says " I know this shale pit, should be awesome". Yeah, we hiked in like a half mile from the road, I brought a Kaiju and Mojave 6s, a sack of batteries and miscellaneous stuff. He had a Redcat Shredder. Ran our crap for about 10 minutes, then the skies opened up and dumped on us. Oh man, what a miserable walk back to the truck!!🤣🤣
Last time for me, now I stay right at home. Not hard to do, blessed to have 5 acres. Mostly woods and lawn but, it's our little slice of heaven. Got a little track we've made in the woods too.
BTW, busted up shale is brutal on tires!! Wow. It cuts them like razor blades..

No doubt!!The last time I left my house with rc's to go bashing was with my daughter's BF, about 3 years ago. He says " I know this shale pit, should be awesome". Yeah, we hiked in like a half mile from the road, I brought a Kaiju and Mojave 6s, a sack of batteries and miscellaneous stuff. He had a Redcat Shredder. Ran our crap for about 10 minutes, then the skies opened up and dumped on us. Oh man, what a miserable walk back to the truck!!🤣🤣
Last time for me, now I stay right at home. Not hard to do, blessed to have 5 acres. Mostly woods and lawn but, it's our little slice of heaven. Got a little track we've made in the woods too.
BTW, busted up shale is brutal on tires!! Wow. It cuts them like razor blades..
Got a great story out of it though!

That’s awesome you got some acreage! Totally jealous of having a track on some land like that! I was blessed enough to get 3/4 acre recently. While a good sized 1/5 track would eat my yard, I do plan on making a few jumps. I also picked up the FCT24 and the Axial Mini LMT. I figure I can make a few jumps for the 8S, a Micro Jam course for the mini monster trucks, and a 1/24 rock crawling course. Oh my is rock crawling so addicting! I had no idea, just picked one up last week.

Thanks! I'm blessed indeed!! Took me longer than most to get my stuff together, didn't buy a house till 40 years old. Figured I better do it right (for once in my life).
Yeah, I've eyed the crawlers, and resisted the urge.. I'm too deep into rc's already, LOL.
You've got your own space to play on, that's awesome!!👍😎🍻

Just designed and printed these shock guards for the M2C 7MM shock kit. The only thing that can top this ultimate shock upgrade!
IMG_4332.jpeg
IMG_4333.jpeg

Shock shaft protectors survived. Once I print these in PC-CF they’ll be bash ready!

IMG_4377.jpeg

Back