QS8s just weren’t cutting it anymore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Tired of half assin my connections. QS8 is cute and all but this connection taken from one of my brother’s helicopters (real helicopters) is probably more appropriate.
(The red silicone insulated wire in the last photo is a fat 8 gauge wire 😉)

IMG_2240.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2233.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

There are sourceable very expensive Aircraft/ Aerospace grade Connectors out there if you are so inclined. :rolleyes:But that gets quite expensive. Hobby Grade QS8's are the best. Not sure why you are having issues with them. Maybe user error???? If so, the connector is not the issue, no matter what you use. IDK.

I am sure you can even use larger High amp/voltage RV line Mains Power connectors. How big do you want to get?
I am sure your setup there will work. That is Overkill for sure. But if its free, go with it. Can't hurt you.
;)

Last edited:
There are sourceable very expensive Aircraft/ Aerospace grade Connectors out there if you are so inclined. :rolleyes:But that gets quite expensive. Hobby Grade QS8's are the best. Not sure why you are having issues with them. Maybe user error???? If so, the connector is not the issue, no matter what you use. IDK.

I am sure you can even use larger High amp/voltage RV line Mains Power connectors. How big do you want to get?
I am sure your setup there will work. That is Overkill for sure. But if its free, go with it. Can't hurt you.
;)

I believe this was more of a "hey check this out" sort of post than a real jab at QS8 connectors.
I have yet to have issues with QS8s and push them into the 650+ amperage range during speed runs.

Should one be inclined to need more there is such a thing as QS10 connectors and 7AWG wire is considerably larger than the 8AWG
Offshore electrics also offers a QS12 which is just massive!

1701119512012.png

I believe this was more of a "hey check this out" sort of post than a real jab at QS8 connectors.
I have yet to have issues with QS8s and push them into the 650+ amperage range during speed runs.

Should one be inclined to need more there is such a thing as QS10 connectors and 7AWG wire is considerably larger than the 8AWG
Offshore electrics also offers a QS12 which is just massive!

View attachment 334337
Lol thank you, it’s was satirical. Everything goes over SrC’s head, he misunderstands almost every single one of my posts and I feel like they’re pretty straightforward and obvious….
I used QS8s on my Heavy ass DBXLE 2.0 with a a12S Beastl Pro V2 ESC, 3 big fat heavy 10000mAh 120C batteries and the not-so-light Pro-Line Badlands. I ran a 46T spur and I don’t remember the pinion size but it was considerably bigger than stock. i also pinned it allll the time with that setup and the QS8s help up absolutely perfectly. Only a 5T could compare w that punishment (or a Raminator but that’s in a class of its own)

Lol thank you, it’s was satirical. Everything goes over SrC’s head, he misunderstands almost every single one of my posts and I feel like they’re pretty straightforward and obvious….
I used QS8s on my Heavy ass DBXLE 2.0 with a a12S Beastl Pro V2 ESC, 3 big fat heavy 10000mAh 120C batteries and the not-so-light Pro-Line Badlands. I ran a 46T spur and I don’t remember the pinion size but it was considerably bigger than stock. i also pinned it allll the time with that setup and the QS8s help up absolutely perfectly. Only a 5T could compare w that punishment (or a Raminator but that’s in a class of its own)
Yeah QS8s are really good for our RC applications.
My issue is that some applications the connectors occupy a big space, I couldn't imagine going with something larger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back