New to the RC hobby and looking to get the perfect pass monster servo for my Felony 6s. Do I need anything with it or can I just plug and play it??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you can’t program end points on the stock radio I believe
Sure you can. Page 14 of the manual.

1710119820638.png

I’ve done it plenty of times. Just make sure to recalibrate AVC after making the endpoint adjustments.
ok sweet... I will give it a shot when I the servo and mount arrive. I guessing the book tells you how to recalibrate the AVC too? As I will give it another read over. ;)

Looking to get the perfect pass monster servo for my Felony 6s. Do I need anything special with it or can I just plug and play it with the reg. calibration end points??
Heads up, PP servo is ludicrous overkill for the Felony and is quite an amp hungry thing. You won't get full power from the servo on the stock BEC and could even brown out the receiver on hard turns. I'd recommend picking up a glitch buster for the receiver to be safe. When I upgraded my infraction servo I lost signal during hard turns until I added a glitch buster. Eventually I just started running receiver packs to make sure I was getting full servo power, but you could also do an external BEC instead.

Heads up, PP servo is ludicrous overkill for the Felony and is quite an amp hungry thing. You won't get full power from the servo on the stock BEC and could even brown out the receiver on hard turns. I'd recommend picking up a glitch buster for the receiver to be safe. When I upgraded my infraction servo I lost signal during hard turns until I added a glitch buster. Eventually I just started running receiver packs to make sure I was getting full servo power, but you could also do an external BEC instead.
I ran into this with a Reefs Raw 500 servo, was browning out the castle esc. Needed an external BEC

@Zental I believe the SR6110AT receiver is similar to the SR6200A I run in my Typhon. Excellent settings were 50% steering and 0% throttle. It will help correct the steering without fighting you and won't cut the throttle when it's correcting. Use-Case of your Felony may be different than my Typhon (street drifting vs bashing) but worth a try

Last edited:
First thanks for the heads up. :) now lost with the Bec and glitch buster! lol Bec is for? N I assume the glitch buster plugs into the receiver to protect it??

I ran into this with a Reefs Raw 500 servo, was browning out the castle esc. Needed an external BEC

@Zental I believe the SR6110AT receiver is similar to the SR6200A I run in my Typhon. Excellent settings were 50% steering and 0% throttle. It will help correct the steering without fighting you and won't cut the throttle when it's correcting. Use-Case of your Felony may be different than my Typhon (street drifting vs bashing) but worth a try
I will certainly try those settings as for now I use my felony for drifting n light speed runs but will be looking to amp it to do 120+ down the road

Also any recommended glitch buster or anyone will do?

Last edited:
First thanks for the heads up. :) now lost with the Bec and glitch buster! lol Bec is for? N I assume the glitch buster plugs into the receiver to protect it??

I will certainly try those settings as for now I use my felony for drifting n light speed runs but will be looking to amp it to do 120+ down the road

Also any recommended glitch buster or anyone will do?
So BEC is a Battery Eliminator Circuit, it is standard on 99% of ESCs these days to have a receiver battery eliminator circuit stock on board, but a lot of the stock BECs have weak power that gets even worse as the ESC heats up from high load. Spektrum 150A ESC is in the neighborhood of 5 amps continuous when it's cool and happy, but when it gets hot that drops to more like 3.5 or 4 amps. Average stock fan will draw around .4 amps continously, some stronger fans can draw upwards of 1 amp alone. Fancy high end servos that run off receiver power (supplied by your ESC's BEC) that are over 25kg usually draw in the neighborhood of 4-7 amps at stall depending on the speed and torque of the servo. So if you have two fans and your receiver powered by the ESC's BEC, in a perfect world you're already looking at only 4 amps to spare. On a hard turn with a 56kg brushless servo, you're gonna be pulling in the neighborhood of 6 amps from the servo alone. When a servo this strong turns, you can actually hear your fans slow down as they lose power. The highest amp draw on a circuit will reduce the voltage of the rest of the circuit and in severe cases cause complete signal loss on your receiver.

Now all this being said, some ESCs like Castle advertise 8 amp BEC. Well, there's a fine print there. It's 8 amp PEAK current. So that means for a second it can put out that current, but if you're turning hard for longer than that you'll still over draw it. Hobbywing's been beefing up their BECs and the new Max 6 has an 8 amp continuous BEC, but again that's still in perfect world, not when the ESC is 160 degrees from high load.

But back to stock Spektrum 150 amp ESC, the Perfect pass servo will chew that up and spit it out. I've had good luck with the Yeah Racing Glitch Busters that are like 3 dollars on Amain, but glitch busters are really just a bandaid fix. If you try that and still brown out, you'll be left with either upgrading the ESC, adding a receiver pack instead of BEC power, or adding an external BEC.

External BEC will solder onto your ESC power leads and then you'll remove the positive wire from your ESC to the receiver, and plug in the BEC into a spare receiver port. This will step down voltage from your batteries to your receiver. These come in a few different specs but be careful not to overheat them or they can short full battery power to your receiver and fry your servo. I learned this the hard way with Castle BEC Pro on my Outcast and roasted a Savox Brushless servo.

Receiver battery is the most fool proof, same deal you remove the ESC positive wire leading to your receiver and plug a 2s lipo directly to your receiver. Some batteries are made for this because nitro cars have no ESC and thus require a receiver battery. (Hence the name Battery Eliminator Circuit on ESCs). However if you run a receiver battery, make sure you have a remote you can see the receiver voltage and preferably set an alarm on it because you'll need to know when the receiver pack dies.

Anyway I've droned on too long at this point, but yeah that's the territory you get into with these high power servos. Not every ESC is made to stand up to a 56kg brushless servo.

Oh forgot to mention, Felony and Infraction are perfectly happy on servos in the 20 to 30kg range. I personally run a Savox 2274 on my Infraction which has 25kg torque at 7.4v and probably around 30 at 8.4v. I would argue the higher speed of those servos versus something like the Perfect Pass 56kg is more desirable versus something like Kraton or Outcast where you need big torque to throw around those big tires on high speed turns. That being said if you're only speed running and not turning a lot the higher torque might help keep you on a straight line.

Yeah on my Infraction I didn't even bother trying the MMX8s esc, I have too many fans and still have the handbrake, plus Savox servos are especially amp hungry. My 2274 apparently draws around 8 amps on stall at 8.4v.

Last edited:
Back