Typhon Rc bashers paradise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have too many bikes. No big air bikes but do own a carbon c.dale scalpel, favorite is my rigid trek stache. Race x country and single speed. Over 50 vet class, lots of fun.
Theres a killer BMX club in Reading PA (edit: Allentown Pa) called Poosh woods that looks sick for RC's. Its a no go there, signs up all over and jumps usually all covered to prevent erosion.

I don’t know those bikes but I know they’re in a class of their own with the word “carbon” attached to them.

I have too many bikes. No big air bikes but do own a carbon c.dale scalpel, favorite is my rigid trek stache. Race x country and single speed. Over 50 vet class, lots of fun.
Theres a killer BMX club in Reading PA (edit: Allentown Pa) called Poosh woods that looks sick for RC's. Its a no go there, signs up all over and jumps usually all covered to prevent erosion.
The scalpel’s are rad!
I have the same issue with a super cool bmx track near me. Tons of huge dirt jumps and some nice wood ramps! Same problem tho, no RC signs and tarps on half the jumps most of the time. ?

I still manage to sneak in on week days sometimes. ?

I had the newer turbo,saved for ages for it aged around 15 also a villain, back then u were the dogs tockers if yours had a gyro detangler! Lol couple of haro mtbs,distant memories.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200212-100852_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200212-100852_Chrome.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 31
I got a Dyno Detour very similar to this for Christmas in 6th grade.

img_0288_copy2_blowup.jpg

My buddy had a Haro Sport and his brother had another model of Haro they got the same Christmas I got my bike. I don't think his brother's was a Master, but the bike hardly got ridden. My Detour and the Sport got used a ton. I'd love to have his brothers bike today.

Now I ride a Diamond Back Steilacoom RCX Cyclocross bike.

Mountain biking has been (and still is) my main activity/sport/hobby/passion. I own a few bikes and my main ride is currently a Devinci Spartan Carbon LTD. I also have a super decked out Standard 125R BMX race bike.

My recent psychiatric self-evaluation revealed that I realized that the bikes are now so good and reliable that I needed another hobby that would cover my need for technical aspects and wrenching. Here comes RC Cars! Damn this thing is still evolving rapidly and requires a lot of shop time to keep running. It blows my mind that so many of the critical parts needs replacing from the start on these things. It sort of reminds me of mountain biking in the 90´s and early 00’s. Repairs were required after nearly every ride and fitting new components often involved a hammer, a dremel tool and sometimes a bench grinder...good times! :p As much as I love biking, the mechanical side got a bit boring since every parts fits so well together...the only challenge comes from the ridiculous amount of « standards » that ensure that mixing parts between bikes is getting extremely difficult.

If RC Cars were to become the Mountain biking of 2020, the equivalent of a Kraton 6S would cost over 1500$US, would be extremely reliable and could be bashed hard (stock) for a couple of years with breakage only occurring on very bad crashes and bad luck. Also, many parts from a Kraton V8 would not be retro-fittable to a Kraton V7. The suspension parts would probably not be as interchangeable between the various Arrma platforms. Basically, the driving experience would be better and it would be easier for new people to get into RC Cars, but half the fun would be lost.

Picked this up a few years ago on a “I’m still young “ crisis. Been in my shed Sad once, After a few loops around block.
3BF37DF9-0DE4-4A13-9B84-019297821574.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back