Rc boat question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect boat for those no wake zones on the river!
I took out on the lake once when it was kind of windy, it filled with water, killed the servo and esc..................

Yep, always good to have a back up. When my enforcer would stall, I would wave a 5 dollar bill over my head and someone in a real boat would bring it to me. That was back in the day when people were nice...lol. My airplane transmitter also has a low battery alarm, but I enjoy waiting until it dies and doing dead stick landings...makes you a better pilot! :LOL:
Lol your nutz..but in a good way..I'd love to go boating with you if you were around here in Rhode island lol.we have a boat club here but they are all old people and I mean like ancient old.but they only like them slow ass tug boats and all's they do is ride around going toot toot toot tooooooottttt..with smoke coming out of the stacks.kinda cool to watch but the down fall is us guys with our speed boats have to wait untill they leave ..out of respect for them because we get in that pond it's all ours cause we make waves lol not even ducks sit on the water.i actually hit a duck 🦆 years ago.wasnt pretty.for him..lucky I was using my fiberglass hull and took the hit with no issues..even had a nice duck feather on the nose when I brought it back.. we like to listen to the older guys .they are full of knowledge..and they like to see how we set our boats up cause they don't use brushless motors or lipos..they use steam I think that's what they use not sure but ik they don't use electric or gas.
I took out on the lake once when it was kind of windy, it filled with water, killed the servo and esc..................
Did you not have water proof electronics in it? A sealed tight servo box helps and throw in some foam pool noodles in it and I allways use 3m water proof tape around the hatch.thats a must.👍😁

Last edited:
Lol your nutz..but in a good way..I'd love to go boating with you if you were around here in Rhode island lol.we have a boat club here but they are all old people and I mean like ancient old.but they only like them slow ass tug boats and all's they do is ride around going toot toot toot tooooooottttt..with smoke coming out of the stacks.kinda cool to watch but the down fall is us guys with our speed boats have to wait untill they leave ..out of respect for them because we get in that pond it's all ours cause we make waves lol not even ducks sit on the water.i actually hit a duck 🦆 years ago.wasnt pretty.for him..lucky I was using my fiberglass hull and took the hit with no issues..even had a nice duck feather on the nose when I brought it back.. we like to listen to the older guys .they are full of knowledge..and they like to see how we set our boats up cause they don't use brushless motors or lipos..they use steam I think that's what they use not sure but ik they don't use electric or gas.

Did you not have water proof electronics in it? A sealed tight servo box helps and throw in some foam pool noodles in it and I allways use 3m water proof tape around the hatch.thats a must.👍😁

Habenaro(I think that was the guys name) from Ultimate RC gave it to me years ago when I first got into the hobby, I had no idea that the electronics weren't waterproof, I just assumed they were since it was a friggin boat. I was able to save the radio system but I recently broke the radio Spektrum DX2.0 the rx still works with my DX2E.

Habenaro(I think that was the guys name) from Ultimate RC gave it to me years ago when I first got into the hobby, I had no idea that the electronics weren't waterproof, I just assumed they were since it was a friggin boat. I was able to save the radio system but I recently broke the radio Spektrum DX2.0 the rx still works with my DX2E.
Sweet

Yes, electronics need to be in a waterproof compartment. I've only had gas boats with McCullough or homelite 2 stroke motors. Nothing like the sound of a real motor and clutches so you can idle around slowly if you choose. Honestly, the girlfriend and I have had more fun on our little Craigcat than ever. Unsinkable, floats in 3 inches of water and run all day on about 4 gallons of gas...

Craigcats are small and only weigh about 525lbs. 11ft long. I can go at least 50 miles on 5 gallons of gas. 30hp Evinrude e-tec sips gas and is much lighter than other mfgs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back