Notorious rear and front diff. upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmitch37

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all again, I just bought a notorious 6s v5, first the center differential broke, got it fixed, then the rear differential broke, waiting on that replacement. Anyway I know they have upgraded differential but I was wanting to ask some of yall experts what is the best upgrade? Can yall share a link? Thank you

Driver and mechanic are the best entry upgrades. Learn and understand why things fail for you, but not others.

The Notorious is a fun truck, you'll like it.

EXB or EXB style diffs like what comes on the Big Rock work much better than the BLX diffs that came on your truck.
I also recommend watching Tekno's video on how to shim a diff. If you already know how, repetition is good for a developing mind.

Hello all again, I just bought a notorious 6s v5, first the center differential broke, got it fixed, then the rear differential broke, waiting on that replacement. Anyway I know they have upgraded differential but I was wanting to ask some of yall experts what is the best upgrade? Can yall share a link? Thank you
Welcome to the forum, what exactly broke? Outdrive pin?

EXB diffs are stronger but BLX diff's are usually pretty good as well.

Welcome to the forum, what exactly broke? Outdrive pin?

EXB diffs are stronger but BLX diff's are usually pretty good as p
the pin was broke and the pinion gear. Where can I find exb diffs? thank you

The Notorious is a fun truck, you'll like it.

EXB or EXB style diffs like what comes on the Big Rock work much better than the BLX diffs that came on your truck.
I also recommend watching Tekno's video on how to shim a diff. If you already know how, repetition is good for a developing mind.
yes love it so far, but man it's a wheelie machine. going to lower the punch to 2, see if that helps. lol...Anyway thank you for info and kinda familiar with shim, but yes I will check out videos.

Back