Rear Slipper hub damage - Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keegan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I recently bent my motor mount and damaged the original slipper hub which connects to the rear diff, I've straightened the motor mount and installed a new slipper hub but the new hub is now also becoming damaged as seen in the photo, any help would be appreciated.
IMG_20220212_185411~2.jpg

Last edited:
what damage do you mean, the 3 marks or the bearing not going all the way on. other than that it look's fine.
If you mean grinding around on the hub mine get's that from wear. You could have dirt grinding or maybe bent the input or warped the housing.

Last edited:
The marks on the outside aswell as the inner teeth? being worn down, I can hear the metal grind only when on full throttle.

Clean it, check and see if the splines on the shaft going into the diff. If there damaged if so you gonna have to open the diff replace/rebuild it. Hopefully you chassis not warped.

Clean it, check and see if the splines on the shaft going into the diff. If there damaged if so you gonna have to open the diff replace/rebuild it. Hopefully you chassis not warped.
Thanks for your help, I opened the diff and found both the input gear and main gear have badly worn teeth.

Glad you figured it out. When you rebuild don't forget to shim,fluid,grease everything plenty of YT vids.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back