Kraton Rebuilding my kraton 4s to become a beast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I striped my whole car down an cleaned everything im waiting for some parts atm i finished rebuilding the shocks and reincorcing the front of the body i used shoe goo and dry wall tape(2 coats) for extra durability. I added new lights in the rear and painted the shok caps with the mix of white permanent marker and red to get a cool finish

Im getting all of this:
-new motor mount adjustable from arrma
-alluminum pivot balls to make my car more stable
-new rear arms
-2 completly new diffs
-slipper clutch maintenance kit
-new bearings 10x15x4 from fast eddy hoping they kill the slop from the sungear from the rear diff
I will update when something new is done
Im running 30k front and 25ish in rear im going to put 50k in the new diff for the front

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 75
I have rebuild the diffs and the car is all back togueter with a new sliper clutch rebuild kit with red locktite still waiting for the billet motor mount and alluminum pivot balls

Good news i openned my front diff today again to siwtch back to 30k because it was a bit unstable and the diff case and sun gear have 0 wear after a few runs did not check the back tho

I have made a front bumper myself and its holding really nicely. Still waiting for the adjustable motor mount :/ might get it it ealy october if im lucky and the pivot balls maybe this week

@Surchaufeur, curious how the project ended up, and specifically what you used for pivot balls or any other steering upgrades.
I used the pivot balls kit from hot racing not having steering issues anymore. I still have the stock servo saver and it handles great mainly because of the backflips lps im running now.
My rear diff got damaged i think when i was going full speed and my motor bearing exploded and i went into a hash braking diff still works just lost a bit od material on the sun gear simce i regreased evefything and cleaned everything everything still works like normal

I’ve now broken both the rear tie links on my Kraton 4s with the Backflip LPs. This thing just cartwheels like nothing else. I swear it cartwheeled 30-40 feet today. And I wasn’t even going that fast. It was in a big grassy area and I was going maybe 30mph and turned and hit the brakes a tad and boom it starts cartwheeling and seemed to flip faster as it went. Didn’t act this way before the Backflip LPs. Has anyone else had these issues?

I’ve now broken both the rear tie links on my Kraton 4s with the Backflip LPs. This thing just cartwheels like nothing else. I swear it cartwheeled 30-40 feet today. And I wasn’t even going that fast. It was in a big grassy area and I was going maybe 30mph and turned and hit the brakes a tad and boom it starts cartwheeling and seemed to flip faster as it went. Didn’t act this way before the Backflip LPs. Has anyone else had these issues?
What do you mean by cartwheeling? Mine handles awesome
Maybe because im running 30k front and 10k rear before i had 20k rear and it was slugish a bit main reason i created a tread for it
I can pull sheelie non stop if i want but mupy sliper maybe feels a bit looser i don't know i was running on a loose surface today and yesterday tho

Backflips are going to grab the grass much more than the stock Minokawas. I haven't run mine on grass with the Backflips, but I'm going to go out on a limb (not really) and say it will traction roll more, which can easily end up in carwheels.

Backflips are going to grab the grass much more than the stock Minokawas. I haven't run mine on grass with the Backflips, but I'm going to go out on a limb (not really) and say it will traction roll more, which can easily end up in carwheels.
I’ve never had the Mino as my Kraton was built from JRC parts. I’ve only ran MX28s and Trenchers on it before. These BLPs have tons more traction.

The first day I had them, I was at the park. In an open grassy field, I had it up to about 45mph is my guess and tried to floor it and it did an instant backflip (truth in marketing) and went into an infinite cartwheel for what seemed like eternity. Broke the left side rear link. Then yesterday did about the same thing braking lightly into a turn on grass and tumbled for 30-40 feet and stopped just shy of a brand new metal building that it would have dented. Broke the right side rear link.

These BLPs have tons more traction.

Yes, that's why you're flipping. When you exceed the G-forces your truck can handle, your truck will either flip (traction roll) or slide. If you have a lot of traction, it flips. If you don't, it slides.

If you don't like the way it is flipping, either run on a lower traction surface (plain ol' dirt will work), or change the tires to something that will grab less (has less traction) in the grass like Trenchers.

I run almost exclusively on dirt and I really don't care for the Minokawas in either size. They are just too slick for my taste. But it's definitely a personal driving preference. No wrong answer here if you like they way they handle. Personally I would like to see Copperhead 2 LP's. Or Copperhead 3's ?

I was in a long concrete field when i went to vote for the canadian elections and omg the runing radius is so good now it turns on a dime even witht he stock servo saver

Yes, that's why you're flipping. When you exceed the G-forces your truck can handle, your truck will either flip (traction roll) or slide. If you have a lot of traction, it flips. If you don't, it slides.

If you don't like the way it is flipping, either run on a lower traction surface (plain ol' dirt will work), or change the tires to something that will grab less (has less traction) in the grass like Trenchers.
Trenchers are garbage. Might as well run slicks. I don’t normally run on grass, so I will just continue to avoid it. Might be easier on the body, but it wrecks my arms and links. Just a matter of time that something else will break too. I will stick to dirt and paved surfaces.

Trenchers are garbage. Might as well run slicks. I don’t normally run on grass, so I will just continue to avoid it. Might be easier on the body, but it wrecks my arms and links. Just a matter of time that something else will break too. I will stick to dirt and paved surfaces.
I don't know how you drive but i have yet to break an arm just in a tumble. I broke two arms but its me being stupid and hit a fence with one wheel twice and brake the arm where the pins go trought the arm?‍♀️. I go full full speed on really small grass and rarely tumble or flip over its hard for me to understand when i have the same truck and don't have those issues in handling. I don't have a real car so im pretty limited where i can go with my rc car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back