Kraton Kraton 4S v2 want to upgrade servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shottah

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey all,

Like title states i want to upgrade the servo on my Kraton 4S V2. Never changed a servo so i am a little confused about what to get.

I saw this cheap one recommended in a other thread.

https://www.amazon.nl/ANNIMOS-Corel...B07SWST8D6/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Any thoughts on that servo ? Will it fit the Kraton ?

Also would i need a new servo saver ? And should i get 180 or 270° ?

Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
180 degrees will do. If you get the 270 degrees version you just need to limit your servo range (EPA) more.
There are numerous servo options. Search Amazon or Aliexpress for DS3230 Pro. They are crazy cheap (although slowly increasing in price) and can't be beaten for the price!
Nothing else needed, just plug and play(y).
I know a lot use the aluminium servo arm with the hex 1.5 screw that comes with it, but I really don't and use an alumimiun arm without that pesky 1.5mm screw.

180 degrees will do. If you get the 270 degrees version you just need to limit your servo range (EPA) more.
There are numerous servo options. Search Amazon or Aliexpress for DS3230 Pro. They are crazy cheap (although slowly increasing in price) and can't be beaten for the price!
Nothing else needed, just plug and play(y).
I know a lot use the aluminium servo arm with the hex 1.5 screw that comes with it, but I really don't and use an alumimiun arm without that pesky 1.5mm screw.
So this one from Aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ewk5sJR

The pro version is a bit quicker i see so would probably go with that. Runs on 7.4V so that should be good.

So that is all i need ? No other parts needed ? Do you run the stock servo saver on it or don't run a saver at all? I thought i read the stock saver is 23t and the servo is 25t.

I don't have a 4s Kraton, but I know some Arrma's (even the models!) are shipped wth 23T and some with 25T.
So I'd double check if your servo saver is 23T or 25T. You could always buy a 25T servo saver.

FYI I have the red DS3230 Pro which doesn't run on 7.4v. If you don't need 7.4v you can buy about two red DS3230 Pro servo's for the price of one blue DS3230 Pro.

I don't have a 4s Kraton, but I know some Arrma's (even the models!) are shipped wth 23T and some with 25T.
So I'd double check if your servo saver is 23T or 25T. You could always buy a 25T servo saver.

FYI I have the red DS3230 Pro which doesn't run on 7.4v. If you don't need 7.4v you can buy about two red DS3230 Pro servo's for the price of one blue DS3230 Pro.
Yeah the Kraton 4S has 7.4V BEC i have checked and it also comes with 23T stock safer so i will get the 25T safer.

I ordered the blue DS3235 Pro from Aliexpress. Will get the safer from the LHS.

Thanks for the help.

There’s a lot more going on with the steering than just the servo. The biggest problem I have found is with the servo saver and not the servo. I do run 35 KG servos and all three of my K4SV2, but it all comes back to the servo Savers design, which is absolutely junk. The kimbrough 124 servo savers work better than stock but have to be modified to work, and in the end, it’s the same design so it doesn’t work well either. I am Experimenting with a LOSI LMT servo saver on one of my highly modified K4sv2. This requires you to shim up the servo off the floor of the chassis quite a bit and so far, it’s working out really well.

There’s a lot more going on with the steering than just the servo. The biggest problem I have found is with the servo saver and not the servo. I do run 35 KG servos and all three of my K4SV2, but it all comes back to the servo Savers design, which is absolutely junk. The kimbrough 124 servo savers work better than stock but have to be modified to work, and in the end, it’s the same design so it doesn’t work well either. I am Experimenting with a LOSI LMT servo saver on one of my highly modified K4sv2. This requires you to shim up the servo off the floor of the chassis quite a bit and so far, it’s working out really well.
Did you get a stock LMT servo saver or an upgrade one?

An upgraded one

I’ll be taking it out later today to test it out

Back