Kraton Reef’s Smart 900

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Anyone ever tried one of these? A Reef’s guy told me the Raw500 was good but the 900 puts out 940oz. at 8.4v. The darn thing cost $180. I might try one if my Raw500 ever gives up. It’s been taking abuse for several months now.

I was having an email conversation with a Reef’s representative and he suggested it. The gears being strong enough to handle the hits big tires take . He actually called me and we talked about their line of servos. I asked him about the Raw 800 LP and he said the gears weren’t tall enough to handle the abuse we throw at them. He said the Raw 500 was good but the Smart 900 or Smart 1100 would withstand hits an pressure from big tires. He also told me the programming wasn’t something you had to mess with but was just frills basically. Still set endpoints of course. Right now I have a couple Raw500s and a couple AFGRC56
I hit the wrong button! When ☝️ Those give out I am going to try the 900. I like good servos . It amazes me how strong some of them are for their size.

I was having an email conversation with a Reef’s representative and he suggested it. The gears being strong enough to handle the hits big tires take . He actually called me and we talked about their line of servos. I asked him about the Raw 800 LP and he said the gears weren’t tall enough to handle the abuse we throw at them. He said the Raw 500 was good but the Smart 900 or Smart 1100 would withstand hits an pressure from big tires. He also told me the programming wasn’t something you had to mess with but was just frills basically. Still set endpoints of course. Right now I have a couple Raw500s and a couple AFGRC56
I hit the wrong button! When ☝️ Those give out I am going to try the 900. I like good servos . It amazes me how strong some of them are for their size.
Sounds like a damn good salesman.. 🫣

Sounds like a damn good salesman.. 🫣
Yeah! I thought the same thing. We don’t necessarily need 940 oz of torque but if that’s what it takes to bulletproof the steering then I’ll give it a shot. Really it would save money if in fact you never had to replace it.
I don’t expect anything to last forever but if one would work great for a year it would save me money not to mention down time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back