Reefs Raw 500 servo in a Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I have a Reefs Raw 500 in my Xmaxx, and it’s a beast of a servo, but in the Xmaxx, it’s way too fast. It makes the truck way too twitchy and unstable at speed. So I ordered a Reefs 555 for the Xmaxx, and I’m trying to decide which truck to put the Raw 500 in. I’m thinking the Kraton because of the torque, but I hope I don’t have the same issue as the Xmaxx. Anybody have any experience with fast servos in a Kraton?

The other options are the Mojave, the Lasernut, or just save it for my next rig (probably Talion).

Any input would be appreciated.

Just install it and play with your steering expo/rate on your radio. You can make that awesome servo manageable. Not to be confused with steering endpoints, obviously…
Or turn down your BEC to 6.0 volts. That will also help a lot.

I hate that I had to desecrate this beautiful servo to make it fit in the Xmaxx. The servo mount instructions made me do it!
6D3821D7-2ABC-4F5B-B529-222B98EB54A2.jpeg

But now it’s in its new home in the Kraton. Test run in 10 mins.
26194DD7-C704-4ACE-84E5-3AF1639AEE2D.jpeg

Ok, what a difference. That thing made my Kraton way more responsive, it corners tighter, and it’s not twitchy at all at full speed. I think I’m gonna get one of these for my Mojave next maintenance teardown. Running at 7.2v, no expo at all. Now I just need to add some clips to my servo saver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back