REEFs smart 900 servo horn reaching limit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatebowman124

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
I am unable to turn left on my Kraton 6s. Does anyone know why my servi horn reaches limit maybe half way to a full turn?

Either endpoints not set properly, or servo wasn’t centered, and therefor endpoints also not set properly.. Based on very limited info..

Or stripped servo horn. Mechanically limited, or bad servo. Pics would help.

Either endpoints not set properly, or servo wasn’t centered, and therefor endpoints also not set properly.. Based on very limited info..

So the part that is connected to the horn makes the horn go almost past 90 degrees of the servo. If that makes sense

This is where it sticks. It is like the servo is past its limit.

IMG_0047.jpeg

So the part that is connected to the horn makes the horn go almost past 90 degrees of the servo. If that makes sense

This is where it sticks. It is like the servo is past its limit.

View attachment 347903
YIKES!!!

Servo is backward bro…

Turn off vehicle, and radio
remove your horn from the servo
remove and rotate servo 180 deg & reinstall.
Turn on your radio, and receiver to allow servo to find center.
Center your steering trim.
Turn your steering endpoints down to 50%.
Center steering rack in vehicle.
Install servo horn to servo output shaft (splines) and tighten down. Steering post arm, and servo horn should be EXACTLY parallel.
Set toe to about 1.5-2deg out (0 toe if it lives on asphalt)
Turn radio wheel all the way right, and increase end point until it reaches mechanical bind, and back off a couple clicks so that servo never binds under typical flex/driving conditions.
Turn radio wheel Left, and repeat.
Take it out to a level, flat, straight surface, and set your steering trim.

Donezo. Drink beer. 🍺🤙

That method will put everything exactly where it needs to be, and not risk putting any further unnecessary strain on the servo, or linkage(s).

BTW-I see you’re in NC?? Where about? I’m in Pittsboro, about 30min west of Raleigh-near Jordan Lake.

Last edited:
Servo is backward bro…

Install servo horn to servo output shaft (splines) and tighten down. Steering post arm, and servo horn should be EXACTLY parallel.
Turn radio wheel all the way right, and increase end point until it reaches mechanical bind, and back off a couple clicks so that servo never binds under typical flex/driving conditions.
Great detailed advice from Littlemotor. There is not enough room to operate that servo unless it's turned around. Take it easy when tightening the set screw on the servo horn, that aluminum is easy to strip.

YIKES!!!

Servo is backward bro…

Donezo. Drink beer. 🍺🤙

That method will put everything exactly where it needs to be, and not risk putting any further unnecessary strain on the servo, or linkage(s).

BTW-I see you’re in NC?? Where about? I’m in Pittsboro, about 30min west of Raleigh-near Jordan Lake.
Well. I feel stupid. Thank you for such a great description. I will try to fix it today!

YIKES!!!

Servo is backward bro…

Donezo. Drink beer. 🍺🤙

I am about 30mins west of charlotte.

Last edited:
Well. I feel stupid. Thank you for such a great description. I will try to fix it today!

I am about 30mins west of charlotte.
No need to feel stupid brother-if ya don’t make a mistake now and then; you’re not doing anything! Easy fix. You should be back to bashing in no time flat, and glad to be of service! 🤙

Back