Granite Release date for 1/10 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wmorgan

When in doubt...bash it!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
Now that I have my Kraton V4 and loving it, I'd like to get my son his own Arrma. Looking at the Granite 4x4. Not in a big hurry, but curious if there's an imminent release for the 1/10 scales. Anyone have info or rumor about that?

I searched the forum and couldn't find any threads related to this.

Anyone know if the V3 Arrma 3s models have esc issues? I thought they corrected after early versions. At LHS now and thinking about getting a 3s Typhon "for my son". LHS clerk saying the esc overheat.

We have granite 3s no overheating problems here. We need a 2nd vehicle and have also been waiting for the 3s Typhon. Getting impatient may have to go 6s

I was waiting to buy my first RC. Was gunna get a Granite BLX but the release date went from April to May. Ended up going with another company for now.

Overheard a conversation about a 1/10 Notorious and/or Outcast. I have a Granite and current Notorious. Think I’d have to check the smaller one if it turns out true. I’d guess worth the wait.

i got the granite 4x4 3s for my son.. stripped the spur assembly.. bought all the parts put it together stripped 3 spur gears and and a steel HR.. clearly i don't know what im doing. i need to buy the complete assembly, one arrma dealer just told me a few mins ago the supply is coming early may.

This truck is fast, easy to fix (except the spur assembly, for me)

I run the steel hr spur. with no issuse's u have to run the extra hard pinon when u run the steel spur

I run the 17t extra hard pinon it is RRP 1417 u can also find info for others on there site

I run the 17t extra hard pinon it is RRP 1417 u can also find info for others on there site
Doesn't the granite 4x4 blx run a mod .8 (32p) pinion? The 1417 is 48p.

Guessing he would need one of the 32p/.8M 5mm pinions:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=robinson+racing+32p+pinion

I'm assuming the BLX motor runs a 5mm. The stock pinion doesn't say the shaft size, just the pitch/tooth count.

This, then pick the tooth count you want:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/robins...-gear-w-5mm-bore-15t-rrp8615/p732276?v=425067

Mega gears are 48p. BLX 3S are 32p.
Kind of what I thought when he said this, he didn't say BLX, but did say 3S, so was assuming it was the BLX:

i got the granite 4x4 3s for my son..

Now that I think about it... I wonder if he's using the wrong pitch spurs/pinions together.

Without seeing them side by side on a spur, it may not be as noticeable.
32p (mod .8) vs 48p:
attachment.php

yes its true 1/10th outcast and kranton
Anyone know if the 1/10 outcast will be 3S or maybe higher? Pretty sure I’m gonna need one, the 1/8 is so slick and no shame on granite but... I’d trade it for a mini outcast in a second.

Do you have the part number for the spur hears you've been stripping? And to confirm, you have the Granite 3s BLX with the BLX 100 esc/motor, right?

Yes thats the correct model truk.. this is the part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-AR31...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used the stock pinion with the HR steel gear, the mesh was off, the slipper clutch spur assembly screw backed off and
damaged the steel gear.. ive half way brought a new truck messing with this part.. smh

i put thread lock on screw let it dry over night but haven't had a chance to test it again..

Yes thats the correct model truk.. this is the part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-AR310879-Heavy-Duty-57T-57-Tooth-Spur-Gear-0-8Mod-Granite-Senton/382554691372?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used the stock pinion with the HR steel gear, the mesh was off, the slipper clutch spur assembly screw backed off and
damaged the steel gear.. ive half way brought a new truck messing with this part.. smh

i put thread lock on screw let it dry over night but haven't had a chance to test it again..
I don’t understand why you keep shredding spur gears. Does your motor shaft have any side to side play?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back