Outcast Removing stock wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha I had the same issue just wiggle and pull it of it's good to see a nice tight fit. This Outcast is sooo easy to work on. I cooked the Centre diff in the first 12 runs rebuilt it with a diff casing and a set of diff gears put in 30k oil changed the front and rear to 7k and changed 4 shock oil and she's like new. Sounds like the Nero is a poop to work on ??

I got my Outcast yesterday, today first run on 4s, super! Tonight I took a shot at getting the wheels of and thanx to all you guys that went fairly easy.
Couldn't gett them off just like that so first used a blow dryer and after that with some hard pulling and wiggling they came off. Dremmeld out the rims a little bit and now their fine. Thanx again you all for your advice!

with rims I mean wheel hole :)

I got my Outcast yesterday, today first run on 4s, super! Tonight I took a shot at getting the wheels of and thanx to all you guys that went fairly easy.
Couldn't gett them off just like that so first used a blow dryer and after that with some hard pulling and wiggling they came off. Dremmeld out the rims a little bit and now their fine. Thanx again you all for your advice!

with rims I mean wheel hole :)
Glad it wasn't too bad for you, hoping to run mine after work, been too long and I'm cringing...Lol.

Newbie Q #92: When I tried to take the wheels off for the first time, I couldn't get them off.

The hexes comes off without trouble, but not the wheels. I'm pulling and pulling and wiggling and putting in WD40 to see if I can loosen something, but it's not coming off.

Is it supposed to slide off? Or are the wheels threaded on?

Anyone else have this happen?
I actually had this problem when I got my senton and wasn't surprised when it happened on my outcast. What I ended up doing was praying a lot and swearing a lot. And grabbing the wheel with both hands while the truck is on its side and held the truck with my feet and pulled and wiggled along with rotating the wheel after wiggling and pulling. I also sprayed some knock er loose on the hub before pulling. After I got them off I took a reamer that's made to ream copper plumbing pipe and reamed out the holes a bit because even after you take them off if you put them back on, they get stuck again.

Had the same problem on my new Outcast, (not the Senton though),apparently someone must be using
an impact gun to tighten the lug/wheel nuts.
Here's a real simple fix I found.
Set the car so the wheels of one side over hang your workbench.
CIMG3644.JPG

Then with the nut removed,take a 3/4" hardwood dowel or in my case a piece of nylon rod and hold it
against the end of the threaded hub....hit the dowel a few times with a hammer and the wheel should slide off.
CIMG3643.JPG

Then I used a 15/32" drill bit and slightly reamed out the center hole,spray a little dry lube in the hex hole and no more problems.
Just don't over tighten the nut again like Arrma does.

Had the same problem on my new Outcast, (not the Senton though),apparently someone must be using
an impact gun to tighten the lug/wheel nuts.
Here's a real simple fix I found.
Set the car so the wheels of one side over hang your workbench.
View attachment 6361
Then with the nut removed,take a 3/4" hardwood dowel or in my case a piece of nylon rod and hold it
against the end of the threaded hub....hit the dowel a few times with a hammer and the wheel should slide off.
View attachment 6362
Then I used a 15/32" drill bit and slightly reamed out the center hole,spray a little dry lube in the hex hole and no more problems.
Just don't over tighten the nut again like Arrma does.
Great idea!!! Beats standing on the wheels and going caveman with mandatory expletives like I did...Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back