Notorious Ride height for jumps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For ride height, push your car down and you will know you’ll have the perfect ride height when the shocks rebound to the point where the arms are parallel to each other. All personal preference really but that seems like the general rule. For shock position, the outer holes on the shock towers will offer more and stiffer dampening. Not sure how it’s set up out of the box on the noto, but my talion has the front shocks on the outer holes, and the rear Shocks on the inner holes.

This is a dumb question, but do I need to use lock tite when putting the shocks back in?

I am doing some fairly large jumps, (nothing like @Rich Duperbash does) what is a good ride heigh and shock position?
I like to keep my suspension arms perfectly flat when at rest. The truck handles better this way, so my approaches are more precise. This means a lot of chassis slap on the ramp and landings, but that's the reason many of us have aftermarket braces and chassis'. As far as landings and bounce, that's a situation of tuning your shocks. I'm no expert, but my recipe seems to be working so far.

I like to keep my suspension arms perfectly flat when at rest. The truck handles better this way, so my approaches are more precise. This means a lot of chassis slap on the ramp and landings, but that's the reason many of us have aftermarket braces and chassis'. As far as landings and bounce, that's a situation of tuning your shocks. I'm no expert, but my recipe seems to be working so far.
So if I don't want to bend my chassis, I should set my ride height higher?

So if I don't want to bend my chassis, I should set my ride height higher?
You might still bend the chassis on a hard hit. The level of the arms is controlled by the droop screws plus the settings of the shocks. I don't have a formula that works, as I just set everything by eye. Better I shut up and let the pros step in

Ride height don’t really effect the landings, as in the air the shocks are fully extended regardless of the set ride height.

shock angle also don’t have meaningful effect.

droop does, set to max droop for jumps (it might ruin you turning ability)

but most importantly, shock oil. That’s the main tuning that effect how you land. But don’t over do it. It can stress the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back