Rottsters Review: ISDT K4 Charger and ZEEE 6000 mah 4s Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
First I'll hit up the ISDT Charger. Plugged it in to AC and tried to use ISDT GO app to find the charger and that was a no go, don't let the manual fool you. Download the ISDLink software, search and bam, connected. The app is limited to showing 4 fields of information. The top is charge percentage and right under that is chemistry and cell count. Below that is cell voltage and internal resistance. At the very bottom is a black button you can use to stop charging.

The menu on the charger itself is stupid easy to use! Set your charge rate by scrolling down from some basic presets and from there you can set your charge rate by .1 amp. It's so easy it's not even worth explaining everything. Seriously it took less than 5 minutes to figure out and yes, you can change cell voltage for HV batteries or get extreme for speed runs. It does have a fan that kicks on when the internal temp hits about 102F and kicks off at around 96F fairly consistently and the internal temp does show on the charger screen.

The charger itself feels sturdy with an aluminum case and has some heft to it. The screen protector was jostled off during shipping but there no damage to the screen. NO cables are included other than an AC cord to power it up. I was aware of this so I got some 8s balance boards and female XT60 to male EC5 connectors. I plan on making a hefty XT90 to alligator clip cables for when I'm out it in the field.

Now for the ZEEE Batteries. @ 5A from storage charge it took approximately 50 minutes to balance charge and ended up with internal resistances from 10.5 M Ohms to 11.8 M Ohms.... Very nice, no return on these! I'll whack em down to storage on my ISDT 200 before I leave the shop. @ 6A it took about 42 minutes to charge with 15.2 to 16.8 M ohms IR... A little high but not enough to worry about and consistent from cell to cell.

EDIT: One odd thing I found out is that the app itself only shows IR when charging and using the balance board on the left port. When charging two batteries at the same time it shows IR on both ports. Weird, but not a game changer. Also I have zero problems charging two 9000 mAh batteries @ 1C, 9 amps each and handles the task with ease. If anything else comes up, I'll edit my post. Also, the IR on the ZEEE batts dropped considerably after a 45 minute rest to 5.3 to 7.

So, I hope this helps anyone looking at this battery or charger. Have great weekend and keep on bashing/Speed Running!

IMG_6180.JPG

IMG_6181.JPG

IMG_6182.JPG

IMG_6183.JPG

Last edited:
None of those IR readings are good, those are IR readings you would expect to see out of 2 year old packs.

This battery is 2 years old.

1708131938145.jpeg

This one is brand new.

1708131962793.jpeg

I really like the ISDT chargers.

10 ohms is pretty high for a new battery, did you measure the IR after the battery was rested for a few hours?

Let me check a gensacearespammers 6s I've had for less than a year. It's really cold in the shop too but I'll post results as soon as it charges.

Last edited:
How new are the batteries?
When I first got my hoovo 6s batteries, all the cells were all on the 10m ohms range but once I ran a few times they settled down to the more acceptable 4m ohms. During the summer they went down as low as 2m ohms range.

Now that it’s winter they’re back to averaging 4m ohms.

I could be wrong but I’ve read that as long as all the cells are within 2m ohms range you’re good.

I’ve noticed that in my batteries where one cell started to fail, it would start to increase IR relative to the other cells. Once I saw that one cell start to get higher and higher, that’s when I would retire that battery.

How new are the batteries?
When I first got my hoovo 6s batteries, all the cells were all on the 10m ohms range but once I ran a few times they settled down to the more acceptable 4m ohms. During the summer they went down as low as 2m ohms range.

Now that it’s winter they’re back to averaging 4m ohms.

I could be wrong but I’ve read that as long as all the cells are within 2m ohms range you’re good.

I’ve noticed that in my batteries where one cell started to fail, it would start to increase IR relative to the other cells. Once I saw that one cell start to get higher and higher, that’s when I would retire that battery.
The ZEEE 4s batteries are brand spanking new. I'll discharge and recharge a few times before I consider returning.

Ok, my gensacearespammers IR is 9.4 to 11.6 m ohms after a year of use.

Last edited:
@QLynxer Ahha! Now I'm seeing 5.3 to 7.0 on the ZEEE batteries after a 45 minute rest, the used gensacearespammers is showing 1 to 4 ohms after a charge and short rest! The Gens cost 150 bucks, the two ZEEE's were 85 bucks, lol. It also appears that IR readings are only shown on the app when using the left port of the charger but can be seen on the charger screen, odd.

Last edited:
@QLynxer Ahha! Now I'm seeing 5.3 to 7.0 on the ZEEE batteries after a 45 minute rest, the used gensacearespammers is showing 1 to 4 ohms after a charge and short rest! The Gens cost 150 bucks, the two ZEEE's were 85 bucks, lol. It also appears that IR readings are only shown on the app when using the left port of the charger but can be seen on the charger screen, odd.
Nice man. Good to see that they’re already starting to break in.

Nice man. Good to see that they’re already starting to break in.
Thanks for the tip! Even though I'm damn near 60, there is always something to learn and that's why I love this hobby. I always wondered if battery break in was a myth... Now I know.

I have no idea how you got the app to work. I've downloaded every app and looked through every menu on the charger and have never been able to figure it out.

I am really fond of my K4 charger, especially that it can charge with high amps and even has a reasonable discharge speed. I don't really use the app though. I have it installed and working but i just walk over to the charger when i want to see something.

Thanks for the tip! Even though I'm damn near 60, there is always something to learn and that's why I love this hobby. I always wondered if battery break in was a myth... Now I know.
Never heard of battery break in, is this real?

Back