Running bettery in car- did a search didn't find any mention...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just updating that this question has been answered -thanks to Jerry and Slick. I'll keep it for reference thoguh.
Being new to RC, I've been reading.up on lipo care use etc...I've read one shouldn't drain a lipo pack below 3.5 apm. I grew curious about how that works when running the pack in my Kraron...how would I know how low it's getting?
I finally read one article saying most Esc's have some kind of notification that detects when a pack is near/at the 3.5 Benito turning off, quick start/stop bursts...etc.
I don't recall reading in the v4 Kraton owners.manual about this so was curious if anyone can guide me on if there is a notification and if so, what is it? Or is there something else I should do like stop every so often on a run and check...?
Thanks!

Last edited:
By default, yes the BLX185 esc has Low Voltage Cutoff (lvc) turned on. If you run to lvc, the truck will reduce power to around 20% - enough to drive it back to you, normally. This will leave your lipo at around 3.6-3.4vps, safe, but low.

Yup basically the esc has a 2 stage LVC, first stage lowers the power down so you can at least drive the car back to you or over to your car what have you, then the second stage the esc cuts power to the motor. Ideally you want to stop before the esc cuts power to the motor.
You can also buy one of these just so you can check every now and then to see where your batteries are https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Moni...ocphy=9020641&hvtargid=pla-304998738630&psc=1

Yup basically the esc has a 2 stage LVC, first stage lowers the power down so you can at least drive the car back to you or over to your car what have you, then the second stage the esc cuts power to the motor. Ideally you want to stop before the esc cuts power to the motor.
You can also buy one of these just so you can check every now and then to see where your batteries are https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Moni...ocphy=9020641&hvtargid=pla-304998738630&psc=1
Thanks Slick. That helps me worry less about the battery and enjoy the car.

Thanks Slick. That helps me worry less about the battery and enjoy the car.
The lvc on the BLX185 is set rather low 3.2v iirc, and that is why I say to stop when the car starts to slow down. At that point you might be around 3.5-3.6v(on power the voltage will sag on the batteries and the esc detects the voltage lower than what it actually is).

These alarms are great. Shop around, and you can get a 5 pack of them for about $10-$12.

The lvc on the BLX185 is set rather low 3.2v iirc, and that is why I say to stop when the car starts to slow down. At that point you might be around 3.5-3.6v(on power the voltage will sag on the batteries and the esc detects the voltage lower than what it actually is).
Yeah, once you get used to the power, you will start to feel a drop in punch when the lipo hits about 3.6v-3.5v. Makes a good time to stop, while the car can drive itself back to the pits...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back