Saw a weird thing today!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
So today at work I noticed a really low plane flying by.
Then saw it again going the opposite direction.
Then again going back the other way but banking really hard. Finally pulled it up in my Flight app and saw this.

Make sure to watch the time lapse of the whole fight. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

It was supposed to be an 1.5hr flight that took almost 6 and ended up diverted to another airport. Even dropped to about 500ft multiple times, which seems really low to me. Really weird.

Screenshot_2023-03-06-13-04-08-704_com.flightradar24free.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-06-13-39-32-649_com.flightradar24free.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-06-11-50-06-587_com.flightradar24free.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-06-11-28-01-204_com.flightradar24free.jpg

Last edited:
Then again going back the other way but banking really hard. Finally pulled it up in my Flight app and saw this.
View attachment 283514
It was supposed to be an 1.5hr flight that took almost 6 and ended up diverted to another airport. Really weird.

View attachment 283515

Even dropped to about 500ft which seems really low to me.

View attachment 283516View attachment 283519
Odd. I was on a plane to florida this morning. Definitely didnā€™t do thatšŸ˜‚

Odd. I was on a plane to florida this morning. Definitely didnā€™t do thatšŸ˜‚
Yup. I thought there was some danger and flights were being kept away, but every other flight I clicked on was a regular straight shot. Not this guy. šŸ¤Ŗ
Looks like a test flight to me.
Flight plan said Ottawa to Sault STE Marie 1.5hrs estimate.
It took 4 times as long and ended up landing in Toronto???

If it was a test flight, I think he failed.

Last edited:
It's a Nav Canada RJ. (government) They were most likely doing tests on multiple ground based navaids. I see them often at YYZ doing ILS and Loc approaches to test their serviceability.

cheers,
kev

It's a Nav Canada RJ. (government) They were most likely doing tests on multiple ground based navaids. I see them often at YYZ doing ILS and Loc approaches to test their serviceability.

cheers,
kev
I understand about 50% of that. I thought since it was coming from Ottawa it was some politician going for a joy ride. Can you explain Navaids, ILS and LOC??

If that was the case would the flight plan still have showed 1.5hr flight but then diverted to another airport after 6hrs?? Seriously asking cause I don't know about this stuff.

I understand about 50% of that. I thought since it was coming from Ottawa it was some politician going for a joy ride. Can you explain Navaids, ILS and LOC??

If that was the case would the flight plan still have showed 1.5hr flight but then diverted to another airport after 6hrs?? Seriously asking cause I don't know about this stuff.
They are ground based radio signals that pilots use to navigate for holds ( the circles ) and landings. Believe or not they are more accurate than GPS in some instances.

Navigation aids.
Instruments Landing Systems. Ground radio beakon/Localiser for automatic approach guidance.

Make sure to watch the time lapse of the whole fight. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

It was supposed to be an 1.5hr flight that took almost 6 and ended up diverted to another airport. Even dropped to about 500ft multiple times, which seems really low to me. Really weird.

View attachment 283515

View attachment 283516View attachment 283519

View attachment 283514

He was probably just following his wife who was cheating on him. :rolleyes: :unsure:šŸ¤£

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back