Second paintjob: super-flashy Granite for wifey & co.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sphexish

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon 3s
Color palette inspired by my son's favorite Nerf blaster -- plus loads of metal flake glitters (since that stuff was left over; not to mention expensive).

Went pretty smoothly, although the stencil with the diamond pattern didn't want to stay down and so didn't come out as crisp as originally hoped. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gonna figure out the stickers next, then, once the paint has fully cured, install the (bright orange) roof skid.

20210710_000223.jpg

20210710_104259.jpg

20210710_113653.jpg

20210710_131259.jpg

20210710_152418.jpg

20210711_111449.jpg

IMG-20210711-WA0003.jpeg
20210711_144729.jpg

20210711_181654.jpg

20210711_181632.jpg

20210711_181609.jpg

20210711_181739.jpg

Color palette inspired by my son's favorite Nerf blaster -- plus loads of metal flake glitters (since that stuff was left over; not to mention expensive).

Went pretty smoothly, although the stencil with the diamond pattern didn't want to stay down and so didn't come out as crisp as originally hoped. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gonna figure out the stickers next, then, once the paint has fully cured, install the (bright orange) roof skid.

View attachment 157367
View attachment 157368
View attachment 157369
View attachment 157370
View attachment 157371
View attachment 157372
View attachment 157373View attachment 157374
View attachment 157375
View attachment 157376
View attachment 157377
View attachment 157380
Sweet!! Love it! The orange flames on blue are fantastic!!

Thanks guys! :)

Working on the stickers right now. Hate the massive window stickers with the force of a thousand suns, but it was out of my hands on this one.
(i.e. 👩‍🦰👦 : "We want those stickers they look cool!!!!1")

Also came up with a name for the new creation:

20210711_234855.jpg

Hope the peanut gallery likes it... because it's already stuck to the side of the car. 😏

Here's where it's at right now:

20210711_235955.jpg

Thanks guys! :)

Working on the stickers right now. Hate the massive window stickers with the force of a thousand suns, but it was out of my hands on this one.
(i.e. 👩‍🦰👦 : "We want those stickers they look cool!!!!1")

Also came up with a name for the new creation:

View attachment 157405

Hope the peanut gallery likes it... because it's already stuck to the side of the car. 😏

Here's where it's at right now:

View attachment 157406
What is it about window stickers and women! I went through a hell of a lot of trouble to come up with window stickers for my wife’s voltage. Ended up buying black vinyl sticker sheets and making my own lol.
What is it about window stickers and women! I went through a hell of a lot of trouble to come up with window stickers for my wife’s voltage. Ended up buying black vinyl sticker sheets and making my own lol.
It looks really good man, really freaking good!

It looks really good man, really freaking good!

Thank you. :LOL: And I dunno man... I think it's the little details in the stickers that they liked, which does add to the realism somewhat. I just absolutely hate working with large decals because I can never seem to get it as neat as I'd want to.

Love the color scheme

The Bears? Is that like a soccer team? *confused European look* 🙃

Now you have to put some Nerf stickers on it! Came out great!

Oh man... You're totally right! Will see if I can find some.

Thank you. :LOL: And I dunno man... I think it's the little details in the stickers that they liked, which does add to the realism somewhat. I just absolutely hate working with large decals because I can never seem to get it as neat as I'd want to.

The Bears? Is that like a soccer team? *confused European look* 🙃

Oh man... You're totally right! Will see if I can find some.
Da Bears GIF by memecandy
Da Bears Football GIF by Chicago Bears
Da Bears Football GIF
Da Bears Football GIF by Chicago Bears

Your colors match my Chicago Bears football team

Your colors match my Chicago Bears football team

Cool! Minus the glitters, I'm assuming? :unsure:

My son, meanwhile, revealed that he also partially chose these colors because of this guy:

image.jpg

... Yeah, not putting any stickers of that on there.

But maybe he can play a few games along with the Bears? He's already got the right colors on, so no need for a uniform (or helmet) or anything like that!

Who is that? I am out of touch with anything hip and current :ROFLMAO:

Some guy who makes semi-educational content on Youtube -- the kind small kids these days can watch for hours on end (if you let them), but which most parents have difficulty watching (or listening to) for more than fifteen seconds before gauging their eyes (and ears) out with a rusty spoon. Think live-action Dora the Explorer and you're not too far off.

But he makes some catchy songs about monster trucks and dinosaurs, visits awesome-looking playgrounds, and -- most importantly to my son -- frequently features heavy construction equipment or other vehicles in his videos. So that's a done deal.

Patiently waiting for him to outgrow it and move on to other forms of entertainment I'll inevitably hate.

My son, meanwhile, revealed that he also partially chose these colors because of this guy:

image.jpg

But maybe he can play a few games along with the Bears? He's already got the right colors on, so no need for a uniform (or helmet) or anything like that!
I gosh Blimpie 🤣🤣🤣
I gosh Blimpie 🤣🤣🤣
He’s not bad and my 7 year old grand daughter loves his shows.

image.jpg

Blimpie trumps da Bears and I’m outta here after that 🤣🤣🤣

I kinda feel like any grown up that dresses like that and surrounds themselves with kids has issues. Don’t get me wrong I got my own very interesting issues. Some of the issues even have issues, but I’m just weirded out by him

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back