Second SKYRC GNSS ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Question,

If I get a second SKYRC GNSS Speedmeter, do I need to download the app on a second phone?

Or can I switch between gps units on the one app?

1000005747.jpg

I think when you turn on Bluetooth, the two devices have a different signal names & you can choose which one to pair with. Like if you were racing a friend w the same Sky GNSS device, you'll be paired separately.

I think when you turn on Bluetooth, the two devices have a different signal names & you can choose which one to pair with. Like if you were racing a friend w the same Sky GNSS device, you'll be paired separately.
That would be ideal

No different receivers- as in things on your same phone, if that makes sense. They come as different receivers in the format
Sorry I'm not understanding. By receivers, do you mean apps?

Sorry I'm not understanding. By receivers, do you mean apps?
Yes, it's been difficult for me to explain. You have different components that run the same thing, sorry man- I have a hard time explaining it better

Screenshot_20240329_205914_One UI Home.jpg

When I turn on Bluetooth, it shows 'GPS Speed'. I would think if there were two available, it would show both, & you could pair to the one you want. If you wanted to run 2 simultaneously, you need two apps, two phones.

Screenshot_20240329_220748_Settings.jpg

When I turn on Bluetooth, it shows 'GPS Speed'. I would think if there were two available, it would show both, & you could pair to the one you want. If you wanted to run 2 simultaneously, you need two apps, two phones.

View attachment 357699
Ok thank you

I only have one GNSS, so I'm guessing. I've thought of getting a 2nd, so it's a great question! ✌️

The reason I ask is, it would be easier to have one mounted in each of my cars instead of swapping it between cars each run.

I have two GSM 020's. One is approx 7 years old, the newer one I just ordered a couple of months ago. I run the old one on the PowerHobby app. The new one I run on the Skyrc RC Gears app. The old one is permanently attached to one of my JLB Cheetahs, and the new one is permanently attached to my brand new Kraton 4s V2.5. I just went downstairs and tried to operate them on the opposing apps. They did not respond. I don't know if this info will help you, but I just thought I would pass it on. Good luck...

The reason I ask is, it would be easier to have one mounted in each of my cars instead of swapping it between cars each run.
When you open the app if there is more than one in the aera it will give you options on what one to use. but you can only use one at a time if you have only one phone. That is why people that go to race events write down there GPS's numbers before going to the event, so they know what one to use.

When you open the app if there is more than one in the aera it will give you options on what one to use. but you can only use one at a time if you have only one phone. That is why people that go to race events write down there GPS's numbers before going to the event, so they know what one to use.
I just took a couple of screen shots of the apps once they are opened. The first, PowerHobby, is the 'older' one that I use for my JLB Cheetah. The second, Skyrc RC Gears, is the one I use for my Kraton 4s V2.5. As you can see, it appears that the app can be used for a variety of different applications.

Screenshot_20240330_095651_Power_GNSS[1].jpg

Screenshot_20240330_095713_RC_Gears[1].jpg

So the second GNSS arrived.
I was just playing with the app and is seems that I don't get a choice of which unit it connects too. It will just connect to the first unit it finds or the one in range. It doesn't see both simultaneously and there's no way of switching without taking one out of the bluetooth range . Since both will be in range when using them, that's not going to work.

But I found a way around this issue. I downloaded a second app. Each app connected to a different gnss unit.

Side note: The gnss units can be renamed in the app, to help differentiate them.

1000006136.jpg

Back