Senton Senton 3s 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cba43

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Senton Mega
After a super long hiatus from rc cars I'm back and ready to get to the track. My choice was the Senton 3s 4x4. So far I've dropped 2 pinion teeth , slipper eliminator with a steel spur gear, moved the speed control to the chassis, swapped out all the rod ends for aluminum with brass inserts, aluminum bell cranks. Yet to install rpm control arm and proline shocks. I vented the body by cutting out slot in back of hood scoop, cutting the area between the faux roll bars and cut out all the faces of louvers. Last practice it was still parachuting on one of the doubles if I got overzealous or tried to make the triple so today I lowered the body posts as far as I could. I'm thinking as I really only track this If it's still parachuting I'm going to pull those guards out in the front. I suspect they are causing some of it and added weight.

I dropped down to a 15 tooth from stock 20...still parachutes. Once it gets so fast, its going to happen.
Venting made a big difference. I couldn't do the doubles without it flipping before that. Now most times I can . If I try to triple no dice. The fast guys are making the triple and that's the only real place I see I'm loosing time if I'm driving within myself everywhere else. I'm headed to track tomorrow with changes in mind to try a 16 pinion and ditch the debris guards

What are the “fast guys “ dridriving"
Tekno ofcourse. When this truck has reached its full potential it'll never be a tekno I know. That said , I like the modding and seeing where I can take it while improving my driving. Clean up my driving consistancy and hit my tracks tripple be on there heels. Once I can't take it any further I'll probably move to a buggy.

Tracking at practice is going great. My best laps are right there . Just need to do more good laps in a row. More practice. Settled on 17 tooth pinion. Currently have 30 weight oil in the stock shocks and im liking it. Next up will be differtial oil , I think rear is too tight. I'm going to install proline blockades tomorrow before I head to track see if they are better than the holeshots. 2 of the guys I'm using as my benchmarks are running blockades and they say they are working goid for them. 1 is a tekno and tge other a losi fwiw.
Blue body done fir. I'm liking the red. Thanks to jrc.

Attachments

• 20230404_182034.jpg
    20230404_182034.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230404_182208.jpg
    20230404_182208.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 38
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back