Senton Senton 4x2 to brushless, without going 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonedsludge

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I bought the Senton 4x2 not to save any money, but because I want a 2wd truck. Now I’m hearing my upgrade path to brushless requires 4x4… Why? If I upgrade the motor mount, spur and pinion and possibly the diff, shouldn’t I be good?

I can't see why not.
Some guys even make their BLX 4x4's into Rear wheel drive.
Just replace the ESC and Motor for a BLX setup. To lipo packs and all.
BLX will create more power, so the drivetrain in general may need to be repaired more often and/or upgraded at some point, depending how hard you drive it.
:cool:

I have a brushless Senton waiting to be built that I want to be 4x2 and from I’ve gathered, you just leave a few parts off, and remove the front drive shafts to save weight. The one thing I have not figured out is how I am going to hold the front wheels on.

I have a brushless Senton waiting to be built that I want to be 4x2 and from I’ve gathered, you just leave a few parts off, and remove the front drive shafts to save weight. The one thing I have not figured out is how I am going to hold the front wheels on.
My 4x2 has, for lack of a better term, “quarter axles” in the front. Just the standard hub and bearings but with an axle that doesn’t go anywhere but in the knuckle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back