Senton Monster Fusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Here is my newly painted body, waiting for a nice day to get pics in the sun.
Messed up and put to much silver, I backed the silver with fiery orange hoping orange would speckle through.
Also about 15 layers of smoke on windows maybe to much.

IMG_20191206_215353509.jpg
IMG_20191206_215358630.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191206_215445070.jpg
    IMG_20191206_215445070.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20191206_215334093.jpg
    IMG_20191206_215334093.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Yes, monster fusion sticker on each side, maybe flaming skulls shown in background, not exactly sure yet, need to get looking up stuff on amazon. Might take black PL sticker in center of hood off and put skull there.
...and an Arrma Forum sticker? (y)

Just a big learning curve for me at the moment, so excuse my question if it’s dumb.
When you say you put too much silver and you backed that with the Orange, are you referring to the silver inserts only or did you put a light coat of silver on it all then the orange but pure silver on the inserts?
Or put another way, where the body appears orange is that pure orange only?
See it does sound dumb ?

Just a big learning curve for me at the moment, so excuse my question if it’s dumb.
When you say you put too much silver and you backed that with the Orange, are you referring to the silver inserts only or did you put a light coat of silver on it all then the orange but pure silver on the inserts?
Or put another way, where the body appears orange is that pure orange only?
See it does sound dumb ?
I think OP didn't intend to make the silver racing stripes solid silver. Maybe he sprayed too much silver for those that the orange he sprayed behind it wasn't visible enough. You could achieve "ghost stripes" by applying a very light (effectively semi transparent) coat of silver backed with the orange color. If you put it on too thick though you lose the semi transparency and the backing color won't show through enough. That's how I interpreted their comment anyway.

I think OP didn't intend to make the silver racing stripes solid silver. Maybe he sprayed too much silver for those that the orange he sprayed behind it wasn't visible enough. You could achieve "ghost stripes" by applying a very light (effectively semi transparent) coat of silver backed with the orange color. If you put it on too thick though you lose the semi transparency and the backing color won't show through enough. That's how I interpreted their comment anyway.
Thankyou for that, I believe I understand where your coming from. And I will be having a go at this, I believe this part of the hobby will be of interest for me.
I learned to spray car and motorcycles when I was working in a completely different job.
I wanted to learn body work / welding / body forming / and paint spraying . So I offered free labour at a body shop unit on an industrial estate in exchange for teaching me.
Obviously if your not doing it regularly or deep enough in each aspect then you will be a master of none.
But I can do presentable jobs. I’ve done car and motorcycle for myself and friends but I ain’t no professional.
I want to do this with these also.

What he said, I first sprayed many layers of orange then removed masking and put down a couple layers of silver, the silver laid down thicker than I wanted. Much thicker than the orange. I then sprayed orange back over the silver to try and get some orange flake to show through.

Mine is a senton 3s blx v2, I haven’t looked at the specs for the current ones but they look the same.
I am running a typhon body now, still have monster fusion. At high speed and windy conditions it sailed like a kite and filled up with to much mud and snow. I switch back to the fusion if running on a short track, only takes 10 min to switch everything around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back